Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone do louvers in washington or oregon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bellydraggin63, Sep 4, 2008.

1. bellydraggin63

bellydraggin63

does anyone know who punches louvers around portland or area?

2. old beet

old beet

We are north of Seattle and have 3 and 4 inch dies...........OLDBEET

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I believe Jr. Nelson, the pinstriper, does louvers as well, he's in Tacoma and in the phone book.
    A few others as well in Tacoma, just can't remember their names off hand.

4. earlymopar

earlymopar

I assume the "big dollar" shops in the area offer this service but at crazy prices.

I remember a guy in Vancouver B.C. who has a louver business under his first name followed by louvers. I just searched for his name and website address in my book-marked favorites but came up empty-handed. I'll keep searching and let you know. His costs (6-7 years ago) were $1 per louver but he was limited to very few sizes. Still, great prices and good work from what I had seen.

- EM

5. earlymopar

earlymopar

I found the site I had mentioned:

Fergie Rodine
    [email protected]

1235 Mission Ridge Rd, Kelowna,
    British Columbia, Canada.
    V1W 3B2
    Phone: <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = SKYPE /><SKYPE:SPAN onmouseup="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'0',true,16,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class=skype_tb_injection oncontextmenu="javascript:skype_tb_SwitchDrop(this,'0','sms=0');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmousedown="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,2,'0',true,16,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id=softomate_highlight_0 onmouseover="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'0',true,16,'');" title="Call this phone number in Canada with Skype: +12507644705" onclick="javascript:doRunCMD('call','0',null,0);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="javascript:skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,0,'0',true,16,'');" durex="0" context="(250)764-4705" IamRTL="0"><SKYPE:SPAN onmouseup="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',1,1,16);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" class=skype_tb_imgA onmousedown="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',2,1,16);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" id=skype_tb_droppart_0 onmouseover="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',1,1,16);" title="Change country code ..." style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\gsample\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\inactive_a.compat.flex.w16.gif)" onclick="javascript:doHandleChdial(this,1,'0',1);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseout="javascript:doSkypeFlag(this,'0',0,1,16);"><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgFlag id=skype_tb_img_f0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\gsample\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\famfamfam/CA.gif)"></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgS id=skype_tb_img_s0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\gsample\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\inactive_s.compat.gif)"></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_injectionIn id=skype_tb_text0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\gsample\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\inactive_m.compat.gif)"><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_innerText id=skype_tb_innerText0>(250)764-4705</SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgR id=skype_tb_img_r0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\gsample\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\inactive_r.compat.gif)"></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN>

6. Mad Max in Washougle just North of Van Wa. He does a nice job. 360-609-5110
    Tell him The Wizzard sent ya. He's a good guy to know.

7. Zapato has punched a few. He's in the Portland area, I think.

Might PM him and see if he's still doing them, or if he has the time.

He might be pretty busy with his wife's injury and all.

8. Steve's Auto Restoration in Portland...You would think he would be expensive, but he is not and does a nice job with a few different choices.

1971BB427 likes this.
  9. Mike Legault does, is east of Springfield Oregon in Fall Creek. Has prints on how to build your own press too. Give him a call @ 541 746 3656 He has been doing them for close to 40 years.

10. nwheels

nwheels
    from Washington

Alyn Swedberg in Centralia does them too.
    Swedberg Custom Metalwork
    2446 Salzer Vly Rd.
    Centralia WA 98531
    360-736-6548
    He does all kinds of beautiful fabrication work. Tell him Nick sent you if you decide to check him out.

11. I'd be happy to them for you if you're not in a big hurry, PM me with your needs and I'll get back to you, Slick50 is right kinda tied up these days. But things are getting better. be doing some this saturday so if you're ready maybe can do a few more. HAMB friendly price too.Not to mention you won't have to travel too far hell we're practicly neighbors.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  12. bellydraggin63

bellydraggin63

thanks for the help guys, im gonna have zap do them for me, he's like 20 minutes away and priced well. thanks again!!!

13. You cant trust that SOB!!SAR that is.....Russ Meeks had a press if it was not destroyed in the fire 503 659 4278

14. TreeClimber

TreeClimber
    from Washington

Am interested in having you do some louvers for me, if you're willing.
    I know Comet from jeeping, and my jeep was louvered by Torg quite a few years ago, and was just recently rolled, destroying my hood. Since Torg's passing last year, I no longer have a resource to louver my replacement hood. If you would forward contact info to me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll also try and send you a PM with this info, in case you don't re-read this thread.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tony Fox

15. moses

moses

hey tony are you any relation to jim fox the tree guy... oldbeet and son k-member
    do kick ass louvers they did my hood on my jimmy ...jeffrey

16. TreeClimber

TreeClimber
    from Washington

No, not related to any Jims (at least that I know of)

My nickname came from poor driving skills a long time ago. My right foot was too heavy, and I drove up a tree.

17. STRANGERODZ

STRANGERODZ
    from WASHINGTON

STRANGERDOZ AND LOUVER TECHNOLOGY in Tacoma wa, Right off I-5. a buck a hole and there old skool 3'' hot rod style. Thanks. Go to STRANGERODZ .COM

18. WRMDOVR

WRMDOVR

just moved to spokane valley, wa and looking to have some panels louvered. anyone point me to someone who punches louvers in the spokane/couer d'alene/lewiston eastern washington area?

19. 47streetrodder

47streetrodder

Try Thunder Road Street Rods in Benton City, Wa. Pictures of some of their louver work are posted on their facebook page. (1) Thunder Road Street Rods & Customs | Facebook