Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone coming from the east?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by zman, Jul 14, 2010.

1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm thinking of leaving NC either late Wed. or early Thur. just wanted to see who else is coming from the right coast. And what is your route? And if anyone just wants to ride along let me know. I have a seat available.

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I heading from Charleston Thursday morning, but you wouldn't be able to catch me.....:cool:

I'll save you a beer in Joplin. -Abone.

3. Ha Ha!!! You know he's not kidding Zman. Just leave the semi's alone Abone.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

not sure about that, the VA State Troopers gave me something last year that looks a lot like a timeslip. ;)

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got one of those in Illinois...82 in a 65. I knew the whole state was 65, so I slowed waaay down from usuall, but was still clippin along at 82. Kind enough to give me only a warning...

Whuups..

-Abone.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It's going to be good to see all three of you boys there next month.:cool:

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I got mine changed to faulty equipment, so they still got my money... :mad:

COOKIES! :D:D:D

8. Nothing like Denise's Bonneville choclate chip cookies!

Am I going to find you along the road somewhere again this year Denise? That was pretty cool running the last leg together last year.

9. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I hope to be pulling out of north Florida early Thursday morning. Hoping to make southern Arkansas that night.
    Will see you guys and gals Thursday afternoon in Joplin.
    Robert

10. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i'm from the east, but will be coming at the drags from the west on the way back from bonneville. see you all there.

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

rub it in... though Greezy has been trying to get me to go that route as well...

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

totally worth it. and it's only an extra week...

we leave sunday morning, the 8th.

13. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

leaving n. al. thursday be there thur. afternoon

14. heavytlc

heavytlc

Greenville SC to Bonneville, Colorado Springs CO, then on to Joplin. I am not sure where I should say I am coming from. I am sure I will see lots of people I know.

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I was just gonna PM you to see if you were going... cool.

16. moose

moose

I was gonna come out from Massachusetts, but I lost my riders and my backing for the trip. Sorry Mark, we'll have to race some other time...

Anybody want a ride? With another rider or two, I might be able to convince my backing(wife) to let me go again.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sorry nope.

Yes it was pretty cool but unless you're coming southwest from Michigan I doubt we'll run into each other this trip. Looking forward to seeing you there and hopfully racing.:cool:

18. Deadbird

Deadbird

Headed out from Monticello, IL as soon as the boy gets out of school Thursday. Jesse will miss his second day of high school on Friday. Swap meet in Springfield is much more fun. Can't wait to see everyone.

19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

moose, you can't let this stand, man. it ain't right...

good luck. i hope you find some carpool help. we'd caravan with you but we'll be on the road more than a week by then.

20. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

Leaving on the 7th of Aug. from Newburgh NY. in the Deuce heading up with the Rolling Bones Crew.

21. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

X2 yes what he said...

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

most likely leaving Thursday morning the 19th around 7am, anyone want to ride along hhit me up.

23. I will be waiting to leave Thursday after work. I am lucky to even get off for the event this year!!!

I TOOO got one of those "Time Slips" last year on the way home,,,,82 in a 55 in Thayer mo. State trooper was a drag racer,, pretty cool guy,,, thought he was gonna let me off when we started talking about his car, my car, and so on,,,,,,,,NOT!!!! There went almost a weeks paycheck!!! He did knock it down to 80 for legal reasons he said,,, I am going "time slip FREE" this year,,, or next year I may have to have someone drive me to the track to race!!!:eek:

24. I'm leaving NYC for Joplin on Thursday morning when I get off from work. I'll make a few hundred miles before I have to crash (figuratively, not literally) for sleep. I'll be rolling I-70 in the 57. I'll wave to all you pedestrians in the right lane. :p Springfield swap 'round lunchtime Friday seems about right.

Bil