Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone balance tires on the car in Phoenix?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29sportcoupe, Sep 10, 2012.

1. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

My 29 has started a nasty habit of a death wobble when I get it over 55. One day it did it doing 15 after hitting a bump. I have read a zillion posts about this and tonight I am going to lift the front and check for loose parts. I will also swap tires side to side to see. The kingpins were just done by Steve from Industrial here in Phoenix so they should be good. I will check wheel bearing play tonight. I only have around 1000 miles on the build so most parts are new. I did take two springs out of the front so that is a possibility also. I am running friction shocks and have snugged them down pretty good. The first time this happened is when I drove it in the rain and figured it was just my shocks getting wet but now its all the time if I run it down the freeway. The tires are small bia ply on 35 spoke wheels. And yes I have the spacer on the front hubs to center the wheels. I will check tire pressure in a bit since my gauge is bad. Bottom line is I would like to make sure the wheels are balanced to my car whether that is causing the problem or not. Thanks guys