Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anybody used a pressure washer sandblaster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by powdercoater46, Jan 25, 2010.

1. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

I have an old coupe frame and the bottom of the body to clean and I'm thinking about this tool. After degreasing the third member, I'd like to use it on that as well.
    Have you used one and it it worth the few bucks? I also wonder what abrasive you might have used with it .

2. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The problem, as I see it, is that the metal will rust back IMMEDIATELY if you get it wet. Nothing rusts faster than sandblasted metal.

I have seen them demonstrated and they work. They also would probably keep the metal cool and, thus, help prevent warpage. But then there's that rust thing.

I try to use dry air, then put mine in a dehumidified building to keep it from rusting.

3. 303racer

303racer

i have used it on a big rig frame before and worked alright but did leave little surface rust in some spots not all, biggest thing was the water bill the next month