Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody up on current license plate rules in wisconsin??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Winged Avenger II, Oct 1, 2010.

1. I've got Hobbyist plates on myv '41. I run them front and rear. Once in a while I run an original 1941 Wis. plate up front. Everytime I go through this one town, I get pulled over for the '41 plate. I'm not getting pulled over for no bumper, tires too large, wooden bumper, the usual- mine is pretty much stock in appearance, just the friggin plate. I have read all the Wis statutes which contradict each other and then there's the County Mounty or Super Trooper who has his own opinion. So what's real, can I run a '41 plate up front, or is it Hobbyist all around??:confused::confused:

2. Hobbyist all around. They do not allow mixing of plates in Wisconsin. They get real excited when you don't have the correct plates on your ride.:rolleyes:

3. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Curious why you bothered posting on the HAMB when you could pick up the phone a call the DMV office and get the answer right from the Horse's mouth.

4. I posted on the HAMB, becaue HAMBER'S are in the know and DMV will give you a dozen different answers, depending who you talk to-that's why.

5. scrubba

scrubba

Don't feel alone . In a certain Richmond Virginia suburb, several of the Home Nazis think they can superceide the current Virginia laws concerning Antque cars and licences . scrubba

6. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Got caught once. Normal, normal.

Got caught twice. Oh well?

Got caught three times? DOH??