Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anybody sell a car then later regret it so much it haunts you ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gtokid70, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Yeah, I like 2002s that much as well.
    Bob

2. IMG_0554.JPG IMG_0230.JPG my daily driver 53 customline. 302/AOD.. not the prettiest thing in the world, but It was my daily driver. Got rid of it earlier this year and kicked myself in the ass for it ever since.

j-jock likes this.
  3. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

1969 Zl-1 --- it was between the wife and 2 kids --- wife and kids WON ---
    3 more kids later and grand kids AND the Wife unit lets me stay in the same house with her, dang near 50 years with the same WONDERful WOMAN.
    Cars come -n- go but ah enough said you get the picture.

Bubba1955, Gotgas and The37Kid like this.
  4. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

This one...nuff said!! willys cpe 005.JPG

41 coupe likes this.
  5. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I've got 2---It's 1958, I was 19, in the Navy, stationed on a Destroyer out of New Port Rhode Island. On liberty from my ship, and I wandered into a used car lot, in Bristol Rhode Island. In the back row (literally) was a 36 Ford Cabro. An absolutely stock, very clean, 22 year old car that wouldn't start. 100 bucks. I bought it. Tow roped it to New Port and managed to get it on base. Got it running--old gas and gummed up carb. The brakes where surprisingly good. It ran reasonably well. Kept it for nearly 2 years, only style points went for big and littles, white walls, of course, blue dots and duals. It turns out the car was a pretty rare club cabro with a back seat and a rumble, and a gasoline heater. It was a pretty good chick magnet, especially with the top down. I sold it to a guy on the ship and bought a 53 De Soto Convertable just before I was discharged in 1960. In the summer of 1960, I've got a good job as an apprentice preliminary photo engraver in a Big Chicago Printer. I find a 57 Chevy Corvette at Ruby Chevrolet in Chicago. Fuelie, with a 4.56 and a 3 speed. LOVED the car, LOVED playing boy racer. Raced a few times at U.S. 30, never got into the 13's until I put a 4 speed in it. Got married, kid on the way so I traded it heads up for a 59 Impala Convertable. Nice car but a 283 and powerglide was a "bit" slower.
    Since then I've built 7 completed hot rods. But I SURE WISH I could have held on to the Cabro and the Vette. Bill

6. 1964 Mercury Park Lane convertible and two o/t cars, a Pontiac and an El Camino, at least the Camino was not one of the late downsized models.......
    The Merc still bugs me today, it was 1971, car was stored at my uncle's. City got on him, it had to go. And off to the salvage yard it went.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have a boring list of cars compared to a lot of you guys but I sure would like to have my 1962 Cadillac Sedan Deville back. here it is with my Dodge back in the good old days. it had the most beautiful black leather interior I have ever seen. they don't make cows like that any more.

Scan1776.jpg

8. topher5150

topher5150

My dad had a red 68 Shelby GT 350 that he bought the year I was born, and he drove it everywhere and sold it about ten years ago, and i still have dreams about it on a regular basis

9. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

got more than i paid. sold it to buy a nice '67 camaro. man, was that camaro a p.o.s.--lousy brakes, even with metallic linings, lousy little radiator. and no big back seat like my '64! Scan0016.jpg

10. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

This thread just makes things sting a little more. These last few weeks I've been kicking myself for
    selling off a '67 Nova in 2014. I was impatient to have it done, I didn't want to pay for a paint job,
    the price of a new headliner even bugged me. I said screw it. I knew what I had and was lucky
    to have it and still blew it.

67 Nova C.jpg

11. NORSON

NORSON

In about 1964 I bought a '33 Willys coupe body and frame out of a field in Vancouver Wa. Didn't do anything with it and ended up selling it a year later. I've regretted it all these years and now attempting to build another one.
    Norm

12. Saxxon

Saxxon

Yup... 67 Mustang with black bucket, console interior. Paint was bad, 302 was not set up right. I was 16 when the diff broke and I sold it rather than fixed it. Regret selling more for the fact my Dad bought it for me as a gift and I feel like I betrayed him by selling it

64 Nova SS resto mod. Warmed over 400 sbc w T-350, small cam, decent heads, 650 cfm carb on a single plane intake and fender-well headers. 10 bolt w 3.73 gears and trac bars. Stock exterior w SS rims. Stock black bucket interior. Loved that car. ran 13.40's at the track and I could drive it year round if needed. Sold it to start a business. Car haunted me for 2 years as I ran into it from time to time and saw the changes the new owner made. Air shocks with cheap uni-lug slots and monster wide Pro-Tracs in the back. Huge snorkel scoop riveted onto the hood. The kicker was the PVC pipe roll bar he added with down bars that went through holes he hacked into the back seat. He would eventually slam a pot hole and drove the left front shock tower through the hood. Sold it for pennies before I could rescue it back.

13. VTjunk

VTjunk

Mostly OT.
    Had a bunch of Chevelles, wish I had the gold 70 SS 396 th400 3.73 back. Sold it for $2500, thought I made out good. They were a dime a dozen even in the 90s.
    About 10 years ago had a 69 Mustang Mach1, absolutely cherry body, not rot, no patch panels ever. Sold that for good money after about 5 years.
    67 Ford Custom 2 door sedan, stripper, no options, radio delete, etc, 390 4 speed, posi, 1 of 11 built, only one that color. Neat car, went to a well known collector.
    68 Torino GT. Passed by it on the way to grade school, car sat for years. I bought it 30 years later and made it a driver, sold it cheap, it was abused then restomodded, unrecognizable now.
    46 Ford Coupe, was a guy's high school rod in the early 70s. Sold to make room for another.
    One I miss the most is a 70 C10. Ran 12's with the first Chevy engine I built. I know where it is, thought about trying to get it back.

1320x335.jpg

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sold my 51 Merc in 1964 after blowing the flathead up. Bought it back for 10.00 2 years later and stashed it behind the barn here at my grandparents place. Stuck a free Buick 350 in it and drove it until the Buick scrapped out and Dutch an Olds 350R in it and it was the family car and my wife's daily for a while. Started a rebuild that stalled when I chAnged jobs and ran out of money. Dude offered several times what I thought it was worth and is old it. Still miss it. Car is finished and stays in a climate controlled garage though. Sold the 48 in the mid 70's and traded back for it 18 months later.

Sent from my VS988 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. lawman

lawman

Yes . sold my 59 chevy "drop top"in 1968 and my 63 Corvette coupe in 1970! Still have dreams about them!

16. topher5150

topher5150

glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has dreams about cars

17. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

56 Chrysler Imperial Southampton coupe. 354 hemi, factory air, tuxedo black. Nosed and decked, shaved tail lights. Really great car. It was my daily driver for 8 years. Didn't fit in my garage and had a baby on the way, plus I wanted to go fast. I had two offers and took the offer that was 3k less so it would stay stateside. It's fully restored now in Minnesota and the owner is a much better steward than I was to it.
    57 210 post I got for 6k. Sold it a couple months later for 8500. 57 post is in my top 5. As soon as the trailer pulled away, my daughter burst into tears. 5 seconds later I burst into tears, too. My wife thought we were both crazy.
    The list goes on, but those two eat at me.

Sent from my LGLS992 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

I do, then I think back to the nagging issues/missing hard to find part/or 'curse' that the car had and then say F it. It's amazing how when every other day someone asks if you want to sell it that starts to grind on you.

19. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This list could get long... 1965 mustang 289 coupe, 1966 Mustang fastback 289 4 speed, 1964 Falcon sprint 289 4 speed, 1963 Falcon Sprint convertible 289 4 speed, 1963 1/2 Ford Galaxy 390 4 speed, 1964 Ford Galaxy convertible, 1968 Mercury Cyclone 302 4 speed, 1969 Ford Torino GT 390 4 speed, 1965 Corvette 327 4 speed, 1963 Corvette split window coupe, 1968 Dodge dart gt 340 4 speed, 1959 Chevy Impala... oh what the hell - I regret selling every car I ever owned!! Usually because I bought em cheaply at the time and made money when I sold them.:D

20. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

1956 Chrysler Windsor A friend of mine built for me. I still think about and regret it