Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anybody sell a car then later regret it so much it haunts you ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gtokid70, Oct 6, 2017.

1. This is the one I wish I had back!!................. 409.jpg

wicarnut and slowmotion like this.
  2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Let's see....non HAMB friendly-my 2nd 67 Mustang, 77 Firebird Formula, 67 Nova with a 66 front cap, never finished, 68 El Camino, 92 Thunderbird Sport.
    Hamb friendly--1947 or 48, never knew which, Ford Deluxe Coupe, 1936 Ford pickup cab, 1938 Chrysler Royal Coupe, 1926 or 27 T Tudor Sedan, none of these were ever finished, I didn't have the skills or money then to build them. Any of the 4 would have made a nice ride, the Ford coupe was pretty solid, as was the pickup cab, the Chrysler and the T had a lot of rust issues, missing body parts, etc. All sold to buy the next in line....

wicarnut likes this.
  3. I have had several that I really regretted selling.But two stand out as ones that haunted me for letting them go.
    My 32 coupe for one but I was lucky and tracked it down to HRPs garage and he sold it back to me. That one haunted me for 20 years.
    One other still haunts me to this day. My 1959 Corvette that I sold during a divorce. I should have tried harder to keep it because I let it go dirt cheap and now they are made of unobtanium.

wicarnut likes this.
  4. ZAPPER68

ZAPPER68
    from BC

One for sure...my old '69 Mach 1 Mustang.It was a 428 CJ, 4 speed/shaker/triple red. One hell of a car I bought in '70 for $2500 and sold in '74 for $2500. I thought I was the smartest person on earth...

wicarnut likes this.
  5. I sure as hell did. And it haunts me every time I se a photo of it in England. :(

[​IMG]

KKrod, Stogy, wicarnut and 6 others like this.
  6. '70 Plymouth Road Runner hardtop, bright red w/the black&red hood. 383 magnum with the column shifted A-727, black bench seat and interior. Traded it off for a '68 GTX to keep from losing the RR in a divorce. Then sold the GTX for a song when I enlisted in the Navy circa '77.....sigh!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

wicarnut likes this.
  7. Selling this one still haunt's me too.
    Goodguys Puyallup 2004 021 (Medium).jpg

wicarnut and exterminator like this.
  8. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Every single one!!! Every single one!!! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

wicarnut likes this.
  9. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

I only regret selling about 10 or 12 of them...

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

YES! Had a Vintage race car given to me back in the 1970's, just the body & frame. Sold it ONCE, bought it back, kept in the attic over the garage for a years or two, sold it the SECOND time. Once it was gone and restored the history on it turned up. Working on tracking down the current owner. Bob

wicarnut likes this.
  11. HLB

HLB

Owned this Studebaker for about 8 years,decided to sell it to buy a 1951 Studebaker Land cruiser,all original. When I sold the 54 I told the buyer if he ever decides to sell it I get first nabs. I had tears in my eyes when it drove off. A year later he called me, it was for sale.Told him to let me think about it, he gave me a week. When he hung up, my wife asked if I was talking to so and so, and if the 54 is for sale, I said yes.She said call him right back and tell him we're buying it back. And buy the way if you ever think of selling it again, it is going in her name. Bought it back, the deal wasn't bad, have owned it for a total of 34 years,and NO I will never sell it! God, I love my wife!

j-jock, wicarnut and JB_roadrage like this.
  12. triman62

triman62

NO! Learned about sellers remorse a long time ago. I just need to build another barn now. Picture0908172002_1.jpg

Stogy and wicarnut like this.
  13. exterminator

exterminator

Sold my 40 Ford once and had a chance to get it back and did! (in my avatar) Also wish I would of kept my 33 Ford coupe, 55 and 57 nomads though. Exterminator

wicarnut likes this.
  14. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where to start? Either of my 63 1/2 390 4 speed galaxies, my 65 vett, my 63 split window vett, my 63 Impala, 64 galaxie convertible, 68 390 4 speed cyclone, 70 Boss 302, this might get kinda long! :D

wicarnut and Alonzo "Lon" Wilson like this.
  15. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

20170424_165008.jpg I just did it again, I guess I will never learn.

Stogy, wicarnut and exterminator like this.
  16. skipperman

skipperman

Yea ..... my avatar ..... HAD to ..... :(

wicarnut likes this.
  17. 13lav

13lav
    from San Diego

I had a 62 impala 2door hard top. Someone dropped a 350 in it and it was fast. I drove it my senior year. Sold it after I got married for two grand. I still think about it 20 yrs later

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

wicarnut likes this.
  18. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

Same here....(as i shake my head with sadness)

wicarnut likes this.
  19. 4 years ago, 32 tudor that had been in the family since 59. I was out of work with a kid in college. sold it. Landed a great job a month later. Ran into the guy a year later and he found and bought a 5 window right after he bought my Tudor. Never touched the car, I bought it back. Won't happen again.

wicarnut likes this.
  20. Sold some I should have kept....... kept some I should have sold.
    Regrets either way.

21. SS327

SS327

This thread makes me sad. Far too many to list and I could have kept them all had I been smart enough to do so. But hey at least I lost a lot of money doing it. :(

Denny

wicarnut likes this.
  22. My Sectioned and Channeled panel truck. I built it starting around 68 or 69 with a Truck I had known of since it was new. All the modifications were of my own doings. I really enjoyed everything about that thing. Thought I was doing a Young man a favor as well as his Dad. Instead I sentenced one of my Best Toys to a life of dis regard neglect and no hope. Gone since 1987 and turned up right here on the H.A.M.B. found not 25 miles from me and looking like a Leper. That has really effected me knowing what I did to my trusted and reliable companion. I'm pretty good at turning Scrap Iron into Treasures but taking it on to return it back to what it once was will take a real commitment dedication and much $$$. Sadly all I can do is stay back and watch. It was almost better Not knowing what had happened to it. That little Girl standing in front of it is now 43.
    53 F-100.jpg
    The Wizzard

wicarnut likes this.
  23. 1968 RR - J code bench seat 4 speed....but an x friend had dented the driver's side of that original B5 blue - baby....never saw any money from him but maybe if it was the right side and I didn't see it every time I went to get in it - it would have not hurt so much. Even with all the emblems off the hood and trunk...a guy saw it and knew the dash code....it was the late 80's right before they went up....still I thought it was a lot of money....funny I have pictures of me washing it one last time the day the guy picked it up.

24. wicarnut

wicarnut

by wicarnut posted Jan 16, 2014 at 3:15 PM[/GALLERY] by wicarnut posted Jan 16, 2014 at 3:15 PM[/GALLERY] The only car I have real regrets over is my OT 1979 Edmunds Midget race car. I started racing midgets in 1970 in my Dad's Midget ( still have that car, under restoration by me). In 75 fractured my neck in our new Edmunds Sesco car, took a few years out, started my business, drove for some other car owners, decided to come back in 79 with the best equipment available, Edmunds chassis (with some mods/ideas of my own) AutoCraft VW race engine. Asked a friend, Stan Fox to run car a few times before I hop in it, OK he wins 9 features in a row, 11 total w/ BMARA and we are champions, car owner, driver. 1980 I'm being divorced, pissed in general, was not going to race and Stan brings Pabst Brewery sponsor for 80 season, huge $$$ for a local Midget deal 10K + for 20 races. He wins another 10 features and a few with other drivers to satisfy 20 races commitment. I'm going nuts, (I want to drive) bought another body, painted it and I drove it as Herman Pullar, at shows not contracted, but definitely in conflict w/sponsor. At the end of year, a fellow racer offered me so much $$$, I sold it. Of all the good decisions I made, that one is right on top of bad decision list. Car went through 2 owners in 3 years, when I went to find it to buy it back, (realized it would be a great deal/conversation piece for my old age) it had been scraped, crashed hard so much, they threw frame away. I raced several years owner/driver after thru 91, but those 2 years was my 15 minutes of Fame in the racing world as a car owner, never my plan, it just happened. I would love to have that car in my man cave/hobby shop now.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  25. jp52

jp52

All of them. 64 old f85 in perfect shape. 69 mustang that just needed paint, 72 valiant that needed an exhaust manifold, 65 Econoline pickup I miss them all.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

26. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Yes, and they're all '64s:
    my 64 2+2.jpg

my64cometwagon.jpg my64imperial2.jpg

27. I am a station wagon guy.20 years ago when I 1st moved to East T.N. I could buy a station wagon at a decent price, fix them up and sell them.Now you cant even touch them.I guess I am stuck with the 56 Chrysler Windsor.My favorite one was a 1963 ford full size station wagon. She had no rust and had the fake wooden side grain. I also miss my 1964 Buick station wagon. If I had only known. Bruce. HPIM0812.JPG

j-jock and wicarnut like this.
  28. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I sold a BMW 2002 in 1990, when I was in the sort of situation which in past times had guys going to Africa, only I couldn't because I was already in Africa. But I had to go somewhere, not for as long as I thought, as it turned out. It doesn't really haunt me, because I've moved on and so has the woman in that particular situation. I wouldn't mind having the BMW again, though.

j-jock likes this.
  29. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

o yea, 65 gto conv 3 dueces 4 spd and a posi, bright red, will always miss this car

30. Sold many and have many regrets. I keep telling myself you can't keep them all. I totally regret selling my '67 Coronet R/T, a '58 Corvette, a '67 B.B. '67 Corvette coupe, My '70 GTO I bought new and just grew tired of, my first car a '40 Pontiac with a 303" Olds engine. My 57 BelAir Fuelie Sport Sedan, and my '57 BelAir convertible with a new crate 365 HP 327 and soooo many more. Too sad to go on.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017