Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Anybody Seen This 53 Chevy Bel Air Chopped Full Custom?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enfieldjoe, Mar 15, 2011.

1. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Anybody seen, or rode in this 53 Chevy Bel Air Chopped Full Custom? Tony (HAMBer) from NY was the builder.

I am asking for opinions because it could more than satisfy my need for a driver while I am building other projects. The Chevy is For Sale.

Tony suggested that I start a thread asking opinions on his build.

Attached Files:

2. Tony

Tony

Bump for Joe.
    I figured having him start a thread inquiring about the car could give him an idea of how it really is from those who have seen, heard or rode in it seeing there have been a number of HAMBer's who do know the car, especially local ones..
    I want him to be satisfied before he makes a purchase, as we have all (including myself-see truck in avitar) purchased vehicles sight unseen, or been mislead resulting in us been unhappy.

Thanks for your time, and help.

Tony

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  3. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never seen the car in real life, but I watching it come together on here and I like it.. Matter of fact, the original tail light bezels from that car are now on mine..

4. i have seen this car in person numerous times. i always looked forward to seeing it at he syracuse show. Tony has prooved time and time again that this car is super reliable and he has driven it to all northeast shows and its nicer than most trailered cars around here. Tony does high quality work and this car is no exception. its straight, its clean, its solid, its reliable, its custom, what more could you ask for?

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I know this car. Actually my wife and I got a ride in it while visiting NY a few years back. Great car. was really surprise how nice it rode and just the overall quality. Tony is a straight up guy and will tell you the truth about the car. The car ran great, plenty of power and overall I did not hear anything that would get my attention. As for attention, we got plenty of peoples attention while cruising around.

Tony build his stuff like I try to. He builds them to drive and be reliable.

6. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I wish I knew that car. Sweet!

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, give us the details on it and asking price

8. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

As stated above... I've known Tony for about 6 or 7 yrs.. straight up honest guy. I saw that car before it was chopped... in the process of being chopped...and before it got its final paint. It's super clean. He is a mechanic by trade. Everything the guy touches is mint. I have never seen any short cuts. Plus I don't think he ever planned on selling the car either so everything was done with the thought of doing it right the first time. I have also rode in it, and it runs like new but with a few extra gears. thats my 2cents..
    -jason

9. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Thanks guys for your comments.

10. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Tony listed the car in the HAMB classified. Search "54 Chevy Bel Air Chopped Full Custom" for info. He took the time to describe the car in detail.

11. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

I dont get it. You are interested in buying the car, and you are asking other people if they think about it?
    The advise I give myself and any of my friends would be:
    If I am interested in anything I would fly up there or drive up there and check it out. Heck it would only cost 300.00 to 500.00 for round trip. Cheap insurance for you.
    I know we are not talking about a $500.00 purchase here....... Make it a little vacation. Stop in and see the "Big Ball of Twine Museum" while you are there.

12. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

Thats a really good looking car. Very clean.

13. Very nice, the roof line fits the car. I can't seem to enlarge the pics, but it looks as though the posts have been slanted as well.

14. Tony

Tony

This thread was my idea. I felt IF a trip to see it was not an option, what better way to know what you are getting than random opinions from those who know or have seen the car in person. This way i have no input as to what is said and the replies are genuine. I certainly have no problems with him flying up to see it either. the car is what it is be it in photos or person.

Thanks to those for the kind words on the car too. I do appreciate them. As sledbuilder said, i really had NO intentions of ever selling it and built it with that in mind the whole time, but, thing's change.

Tony

15. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

This car use to be mine waaay back before it was done over. It came out of PA & i cant remember if i purchased it from the orig owner or 2nd owner (its been awhile..) But the car was super solid & a BelAir that was fairly low miles plus missing nothing. I can either post pics or send them to you if you want them?? The car was super reliable then as my daily driver & has been to many of the Goodguy shows out state. I hated to part with it & hoped one day to get it back but life/family came along. Tony took the car to the next level & did a great job on it. Being a 'wrench' by trade all of the mechanicals have been upgraded & maintained to perfection. I would not think twice or hesitate about driving this car anywhere let alone the quality of work done. Not for nothing when we drove the car to one of the shows here Bo Huff went bananas over it so that should say something in itself...Theres some pics of him with the car somewhere on here so with that being said your getting one hell of car! Even tho i never thought he would part with it either & know its going to tug at the heart when it does go,,,cause i know 1st hand alot of blood sweat & tears were involved with that car. Hope it works out for all parties involved.

16. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Thanks Dat Dirty Rat. Yes, Tony sent me some pix with Bo Huff standing by the car. It would be interesting to see a pix or two in the "Before Tony Worked His Magic" configuration.

17. BigChief

BigChief

I knew the car when Dat Dirty Rat had it because we were neighbors (and we worked together - that car was part of the story on how we met - which is a classic). I was also there in the shop suited up with a Tyvek and respirator mixing paint, coaching Tony along and just being there as moral support as he shot the car.

I know the car quite well. Its everything Tony and Dat Dirty Rat said it is.

-Bigchief