Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody seen one of these

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Todd553, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Todd553

Todd553

Anybody ever see one these? It's an Edelbrock cross ram 6 duece set up. Stamped X-1. How do they run etc. It's for my 57 chevy 150 gasser.

Attached Files:

2. Fossil

Fossil

I've never tuned one of these, but the general rule of thumb on multi carb setups is that they're difficult to dial in...but they look impressive. If you want the "Wow" factor use it...if you want performance a good single carb setup will be much easier to tune and probably make more power.

3. I have one of those in the shop right now. I personally have never run one, but heard from the guy that traded me his that it was just ok. :cool:

I'm not sure what that means?? LOL

I have built and tuned 6x2 on Chevys before and got them dialed in pretty good. Remember, all things in perspective. 6x2 on a light car works much differently than 6x2 on a heavy car.

Matt

4. oldkid

oldkid
    from smyrna tn

i used to tune one about 25 yrs ago. finicky bastard is what they are.
    fossil's right. a victor jr with a spacer & 750 will run circles around that thing.
    it just won't look near as cool doing it...mel

5. Todd553

Todd553

I know I can make more power more easily, but I have never seen a cross ram 6 duece intake. It is 12 1/2 inches tall. 16 inches wide.

6. oldkid

oldkid
    from smyrna tn

yep. the one i used to work on was just like that. i'm trying to remember who made(edelbrock?) it but that was a LONNNGG time ago...mel

7. Mutt

Mutt

I ran one (with Rochesters) on my T on the street until i gave up. They have to be jetted BIG because of the huge plenums. It was made for racing, and doesn't work worth a darn at low RPMs, so I would suggest 4.56 or 4.88 gears on the street.

I ran with progressive linkage, and used two sets of the tripower base kits to eliminate tuning all of the carbs. The guys from the old Hot Rod Carburation company were also trying to get a setup dialed in, but I do't know if they ever did. They asked me to let them know what I learned.

Mine worked great when they were all opened up, and they sounded like a Hoover vacuum cleaner. But they sucked at part throttle, and I got tired of changing jets.....

Mutt

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Had one of those that ran six 2100 series holleys, at an idle forget it, but half throttle watch out it kicks ass and wide open, wow. I found out it was for circle track racing. Took it off and now running three 97's