Register now to get rid of these ads!

anybody put a claim in with Haggerty?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by worthop, Jun 26, 2013.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The thing is, how would they know you weren't going to something car related? There's a show in Houston every weekend and I'm ALWAYS headed to the parts store for something. I've also had to replace my cheapo speedometer/odometer once a year. Damn thing keeps breaking and I'm NOT going to switch brands. So, once a year, my mileage goes back to zero. If I went over my allotted mileage, how would they know? Hell, I wouldn't know.

2. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

My Dad and I both have Hagerty. He had to make our first claim (been with them 10years or more) about 3 months ago. He hit a BIG dog with his 46' ford and tore it up pretty good. They had an adjuster there the next day and he had a more than fair check in hand in less than two weeks. Cant ask for any more than that.

3. atomickustom

atomickustom

I use Hagerty because I heard so many "this happened and they paid right up" stories here on the HAMB, just like the ones popping up on this thread.
    You set your own car's value with them!
    If the original poster's buddy was insured for $5,000 then HE set it at that value. My '53 is insured for more than I could probably sell it for and more than I have in it, but they were willing to go higher because of all the modifications and how much it would cost to duplicate it. I actually said "no, that's enough."
    Since then I've had a couple other cars on there for a while at a time and on both of those all I had to do was send in one or two photos and give the value I wanted to insure. No questions, no problems, no hassles.

4. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Grundy.

The end.

Vr&c.

5. hemi gasser

hemi gasser

Here is what the application for coverage for Hagerty says word for word.

COVERAGE IS CONTINGENT UPON COMPLIANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:​
    [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
    STORAGE​
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    While not in use, my vehicle(s) will be kept at its principal storage address in a solidly constructed, completely enclosed and locked structure (unless
    Hagerty or the Company agrees otherwise).​
    USE​
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    1. My vehicle(s) will be used on a limited basis consistent with the operation of a collectible vehicle such as occasional pleasure drives and club / hobby
    activities.
    2. My vehicle(s) will not be used frequently for regular driving such as driving to and from work or school, shopping, errands, general transportation or
    back-up use.​
    INSURED REGULAR USE AUTO​
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    1. Each driver within my household has a separately insured regular use vehicle of which he or she is the primary operator.
    2. All of the regular use vehicles in my household are insured by a separate personal auto insurance policy (or if a business auto policy, with the
    appropriate personal liability endorsements), maintained in my name (if owned by me), in full force and effect for the entire term of this policy.​
    3. In no event will this policy serve as my household's only auto insurance.

6. historynw

historynw

Hit an old lady who stopped for a 4th time at a STOP sign. I thought she was going and she stopped. No damage to my big Plymouth but it punched holes through her plastic 90's Caddy bumper...Haggerty paid and found the parts for her car .

7. Lou39

Lou39
    from Cedar, MI

Torchie made mention of going by thier bldg in Traverse City, to add...if you are ever in the area its worth a stop as they always have some interesting cars in the showroom . Even a totaled '59 Vette from "Sandy".

8. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

So sounds like it depends on what they consider or determine is frequently.....

Not as harsh as what I was told, but not as open as what the other carrier I went with told me....

9. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I have Hagerty. Totaled my truck the day I bought it. They paid me stated value and offered me the truck. They went through some sort of process and I bought my truck back for $1050. By the way the truck never left my garage. Well pleased with Hagerty but am interested to know the limited use part. I had no understanding of this before. In fact that is why I waited for years before I got specialty car inusurance. I drive my truck as much as I can. We have short driving weather in Northern Michigan.

10. outlaw256

outlaw256

well now im more confused than ever. right now we have 6 cars that are up and running. I had to go with my regular ins. co.but we are considering going with a specialty co. but 2 are drivin a lot. not as everday cars but I do drive 2 of them atleast 5 times a week. one m,ight end up in tn and I live in al. the other cant go to far because I cant affords to feed it the fuel at 5 mpg..lol but damn its fun..the others just around here maybe once a month maybe more sometimes maybe less some times. what the hell do I do.and I can only lock up 3 of them.the others stay under those portable roofs... but I do sleep with a 357 mag.and im the lightest sleep there ever was!!!

11. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I had a fire claim and had no problems except it took from November 1 til mid February to close the claim. It was one delay after another. I was paid up til May so I asked for a refund on my premium and was told it would only be paid back to the date the claim was settled. I wrote a letter with all the dates I had called or written and they made my refund retro-active to the date of loss ( Nov 1)

12. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I did switch to Grundy afterwards when I bought my next car, same coverage as Hagerty at half the cost

13. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Well said---

14. yblock292

yblock292

crunched the top door frame on my 51, left the door open and raised the lift on a sunday, file a claim on line same day, got a call monday morning, wants pics, proof of ownership and estmate to fix (Had project insurance on her), faxed all that Tuesday, wednesday get a call, check is cut will be in the mail today. got it friday! Unbeilievable customer service! I have all my cars with them, i pay the bill once a year in december, got the statement from them last december, was $65 cheaper than year before!Called them told them i thought they made a mistake, Nope just no claimes. (untill i crunched the door)so i just added $65 more coverage....I can't say enought good about them plus you really save a lot of bucks with multiple cars, but in saying all this i only deal with the home office, agent here is clueless

15. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

If Hagerty is good enough for Jay Leno's cars, they're good enough for mine.

16. roddinron

roddinron

I don't have Lenos' money, so I went with Grundy.:)

17. At the Charlotte Auto Fair about 3 years ago a vandal spray painted the interior of 3 cars in our Oldsmobile club. Haggerty was on site at their tent. Two of their employees came and cleaned the paint from the seats. It looked presentable after their work, but they still paid to have the cars reupholsted.

I backed into my pickup truck with my Olds and damaged the bumper. I had the chedk in less than a week.

18. oldsman41

oldsman41

knock on wood, ive never had a claim but friend of mine did. he said they were quick to pay and very easy to work with.

19. I have no idea how you guys claim that Grundy's is "half the price" of Hagerty's! I get quotes from four different classic insurers twice a year, as I am not "married" to any company. Grundy's has ALWAYS been at least 20% higher, every time, than Hagarty's. So, where does this "half the price" come in???

20. damnfingers

damnfingers

Had a car insured in 2006 with Hagerty. The adjuster came out, said he didn't know anything about the cars (1949 MGTC) so I offered to write up the work necessary. Sent it over to him, Hagerty totalled the car, paid me the agreed value, put the car up for salvage and let me buy it back for the high salvage offer.

So now I had a big check, a wrecked car and a good title...all money in the bank.

21. I had hagerty 56 bird got flooded 2011 tropical storm lee adjuster was here on spot ,settled quickly totaled car let me buy it back for salvage value I repaired car is now on road and insured again with hagerty as far as I am concerned great company

22. buford36

buford36
    from Maine

I wonder that myself- every year at renewal time I check with Grundy for the same exact coverage that I have with Haggerty and they are NOT any cheaper, never mind half as much. Tom...

23. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Had one claim -fast and fair. I have the "plus" coverage now and enjoy the magazine. Asked them about the local zoning laws and they called my small town office to clarify. I think it helped my situation.