Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody near Houston specialize in Wiring?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam Navarro, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Good Morning Fellas~ I hired a guy that said that he knew how to wire a car for my 52 Chevy. The rats nest under my dash and the loose wires hanging down from the cross member lead me to belive he didn't. Life lesson learned. I am looking for someone near the Houston/Galveston area that could rewire my car, I have a rebel wire harness and a good sized garage. If you know of someone or a shop please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Sam Navarro
    832-618-0447

2. RPIERCE

RPIERCE
    from Alvin Tx

hey sam, give magic a call and he knows the number to a couple guys that know what they are doing.

3. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Will do buddy! Thanks a million, Sam

4. Kyle Counsil

Kyle Counsil

I would love to find someone that could also but I am up in the Humble area (near Intercontinal) and mine was done by somebody that was supposed to know what they were doing and the same thing "rats nest" Kyle

5. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

I talked to a guy near my house that said he would be in the $1200 range to redo my wiring, I'm not sure if that is on par? I have a 12 circuit rebel wire harness. Anyone out there know about pricing?

Sam

6. Magic

Magic

Call Scotty At Scottys Garage only works on classic cars and does most of our wirring for builds 713.409.9389 and quality work he is in the Friendswood area but does it right and stands behind all his work. got a couple others but not local let me know what you find out and tell him I gave you his number. super nice guy

7. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Thanks Magic!I'd like to get a few numbers so that I can compare pricing and ideas so if anyone else knows someone PLEASE let me know! Thanks, Sam

8. rivera

rivera
    from Ogden, UT

Not trying to be sarcastic but I heard the rebel wiring kit is easy to install? I have to wire my truck up myself and I'm looking to do either rebel or a painless wiring kit.

9. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Don't know about the painless kit but I can tell you that the rebel kit is top notch made. The only reason that I'm not trying to tackle it myself is I don't have the expiriance nor the time right now. I'll keep y'all posted! If anyone else can chime in with info please feel free!

10. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Bob Hilborn used to do wiring.....he is just west of Alvin

11. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

^ you wouldn't happen to have a number for him would you? Thanks, Sam

12. jetcycles

jetcycles

My rebel wire 9+3 kit is in the mail, I'll let you know if I find anyone worth posting about.

13. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

where did you get it from? need a kit for my '51.

14. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

^i'll get you the info, they are a Alliance Vendor and if ur a Alliance Member you get a discount! Do you know someone for the wiring or are you going to do it urself? Sam Navarro

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

I wouldn't pay $1200.00 to wire a car. Keep checking and get references before hiring another dipstick.

16. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

With all do respect I'm sure the guy that is qouting me $1200 is probably very good at what he does etc...... I didn't pay $1200 for my engine and transmission that were rebuilt for this car. I just can't afford that kind of $ to do the wiring. If anyone knows a guy I've got cold beer, green money, and the tools.

17. kisam

kisam

Sam,
    I have a wiring book that I can copy for you and you'll need a volt meter. If you are patient, you can do it yourself. I did the Fruck and it turned out ok, you just have to break it down - inside, engine bay, rear.

18. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

I know someone who wired up a car for a friend. I can ask him and see what he says.

19. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

I can understand not wanting to pay that much, but for a well-done wiring job that isn't bad. Neatly bundling everything, proper routing, and an overall quality and good looking wiring job takes time.

20. not sure what those wiring harness's cost these days but even if you make a bad enough mistake where you had to purchase another harness it would come in way less than $1200 bucks. what engine/trans combo are you running? you should hit the local tech college and your bound to find somebody there that could probably walk you through it and pay them a consulting fee.

21. joee

joee

i've wired 8-10 different cars using painless and other kits and to completely wire a car like yours fenders,tight spaces,etc.etc. laying out the new stuff and doing a neat job.....1200 is not a bad price. a job like your car will probably take 30-40 hrs.

22. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

I'm running a 350/350 combo.

23. TxF100

TxF100

It is not really that hard Sam. I have done a couple of painless kits. It is all about taking your time, using good tools, and thinking twice before you do anything. I will say it is pretty easy compared to most things you do to your car during restoration.

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd want to look at 4-5 wireing jobs and talk with the owners before letting someone risk frying my car.

25. rivera

rivera
    from Ogden, UT

Sorry to keep throwing this one off topic but are the painless kits the way to go when comparing them to rebel?

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Aside from checking your gas tank with a match it is the one thing that can turn your project and garage into toast. :(

27. Wheelie

Wheelie
    from Dallas

I think you should tackle it yourself. Painless labels the wiring about every 12 inches and same as others. Its almost baby proof. Just lay it out and rough route everything before you cut. Also some good loom will go a long way too to keep chafing to a minimum, keep it clean and easier to retain.
    The quote of $1200 is pretty good price considering we charge $85hr and typical wire jobs take about a week on 12 -18 circuit harness for show quality jobs and sometimes longer. Great thing about doing it yourself is you know your car and will be able to diagnose possible issues with it in the future and give you a better understanding of how it al works. The wiring diagrams included with the kits show you how to wire all the stuff. Go for it.

28. It's all about time, patience, and willingness to lay on your back under the dashboard. Three things I don't have! HaHa. We should just do it ourselves, a circuit at a time, so as not to get burned out(bad pun!). Maybe if we weren't so busy fuckin around with minibikes...

29. ChrisBorsheim

ChrisBorsheim

I've got a guy who'll drive to you. Been a mechanic all his life and used to work with me for a private collector doing ground up restortations.

His name's Steve, 936-446-6660. He doesn't like answering his phone, but returns voicemails within the hour. Super nice guy and really knows his stuff. Tell him Chris from Texas Stagecoach gave you his number.

Hope you get your '52 on the road soon!

30. It's on the road, just got some hokey shit with the wiring.