Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody make a Model A Coupe model car ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straightaxle65, Feb 18, 2011.

1. straightaxle65

straightaxle65

I'm looking for a Model A model, kit or just the body. Anybody make one?

2. Neil411

Neil411

Monogram made one which they have reissued a few times. The most recent reissue is out of production but there are still plenty on sale on eBay for a range from 10-30 bucks, new in the box. Search on 1930 Ford Coupe.

I just cut one up to build this...

[​IMG]

3. Dennis D

Dennis D

I have a metal kit by Huebly (sp?) for sale. PM if interested. Dennis D

4. I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but I can't seem to find any die-cast Model A sedans. I would prefer a Chevy sedan but don't ever expect to find that! I want one for my three year old son.

I had both the Hubley coupe and roadster metal model kits and I sure wish I had them today!

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

^^ looking for a 28-9 sedan kit too..steel, plastic what ever i can get my hands on..
    I dont want a 30-31..ive seen those..nice but not a 28-9

6. Jimmy Flintstone makes a 28/9 Sedan in Resin. I have one, very nice quality. About a 6" chop but I think they call it 4"

7. Bump for VRF in case he missed it

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Just saw it, thanks Tman..I will look into this:cool:

thanks for the bump....was trying to dig it up and whamo..there it was..

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

found it,, thanks T man

bummer, I dont see fenders for it

Attached Files:

• s11.jpg
      s11.jpg
      File size:
      3.7 KB
      Views:
  10. Deuces

Deuces

Revell has a cool 2'n1 '32 sedan kit if your interested... It's got fenders for it.
    Kit # 85-2062

11. The only 1/25th scale plastic 28/29 Model A Tudor was the AMT 1928 A Tudor kit released in about 1964/65......MPC owned the tooling and the kit was issued ONCE as the Tudor under the AMT brand.....the tooling was then changed by MPC and released as a 1929 Model A Woody/Closed Cab Pickup with a chromed flathead V8 & pushbike a couple of times. Since AMT & MPC were merged 30yrs ago the 1929 Woody has been reissued a few times, most recently about 10 yrs ago. The Tudor kit has been available as a resin repop by various casters...................andyd

12. Deuces

Deuces

I have that kit somewhere..:confused:

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Minicraft make a range of 1/16 scale 1931 A Models. They do a Roadster, Tudor, Delivery Van and a Pickup. They are all stock except for the Roadster that comes with a flathead as well as a hopped up A banger and all the HotRod parts you need (ie: Wheels, tires, interior etc...). These kits are approximately 10inches in length.
    A bit of a search on the web will reward you with quite a number of other cars also in 1/16 that you can use to kit bash with any one of the A's.
    There are for example a 57 Corvette, a 65, a 78 and an 85.
    There is a 1/16 427 AC Cobra, a General Lee, a 57 Chev Convertible, then there is quite a few Front and Rear Engined Dragsters.

Hope this may help, beats the 1/24 kits especially if you want to build them with your son when he is old enough and they look a lot more striking on display.

Cheers,
    Doc.