Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody know Mike Alexander?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnumcharger, Feb 7, 2011.

1. I just tried emailing him...and his email address is no longer working.
    I was just trying to pass along that I have an Alexander Brothers tribute webpage up and running on Facebook.
    I also wanted to update him on my Deora replica!:)

If anybody here knows him, could you pass this along?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Killer

Killer

I know a couple Mike Alexanders... which one you looking for??!!

3. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

i know he was still living in Michigan a while back but no contact info for you.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'll see him at the end of the month and let him know.
    If you put the link in this thread I'll print the tread and hand it to him.

5. We'll likely bump into Mike in Detroit at the Autorama,drop the link here and someone will see that he gets it, I'm sure that was Denise's intent,right Denise? I'm gonna look you up for an official intro this year too!

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, thats correct.
    Looking forward to seeing you there Chris.

7. HRod 50

HRod 50

Just so you all know Mike is very sick. He has leukemia. Sad to say, he's a great guy, and I'm pulling for him. I'll give him your info. Send me a pm...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  8. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

man that sucks

9. Very sorry to hear of his illness and my prayers are for him and his family. Time is precious.

10. Sure enough, here's the link:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100002020792577

Let me know if this works.
    I have Mike's phone number. Thank you for the news about his health.
    I'm praying for him.

If he's online, and interested, here's 174 pictures to show him:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...php?fbid=403444316313&id=565066313&aid=185040

Attached Files:

11. HRod50, I've sent you a PM.

And ask him if he's still making that book on the Deora?

12. finovette

finovette

Just wanted to post a few words and a Thanks to Mr. Mike Alexander and his Brother Larry. I had the honor of first meeting these two icons of the custom car world at the Detroit Autorama at the 50th anniversary show and also at more recent Detroit Autoramas.

I was also fortunate enough to have my picture taken standing between these gentlemen . I was actually invited behind the ropes that were around their old "Grasshopper" shop truck that was on display to have the picture taken.

I used to buy old Hot rod and Car Craft magazines at the neighborhood used book store when I wasn't even a teenager. I had an old metal locker that was stuffed full of magazines from bottom to top. I was probably hooked on cars, hot rods & customizing when I was born. I remember reading over the "how to" articles that were done by the Alexander Brothers and picturing myself someday performing the same modifications to cars I would own in the distant future.

Jumping ahead to more recent times I remember Larry Alexander telling me the story of how their Mother would stuff a dollar bill in his and his Brothers'pockets on their Birthdays. Telling me that story still brought a smile to his face many years later.

I also remember Mike Alexander telling me to call him Mike when I addressed him as Mr. Alexander. These two gentlemen made me feel like I had known them for many years.

I found out through the H.A.M.B. that Larry Alexander had passed on, R.I.P. Mr. Alexander. I did see Mike Alexander at the 2011 Detroit Autorama but didn't get to say Hi . I wish all the best for "Mike" in the future and "Thank You" both again for taking the time to talk to me.

13. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

My Father in law once owned the Alexander Bros Tasca 505 mustang. It was WAY ahead of it's time in body mods and engine tricks. Man! I wish that car was still in the family. You can google Tasca 505 and check it out. Also The Pony Site has lots of info. LOVE the Alexander Bros work.

14. Any updates on your Deora project? I've been following for a while and just checked your site to find no new postings since Feb 2010. Would love to see where it's at now.

Steve