Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody know Chris Border from Oregon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom64ford, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

Just wanted to let everybody know that my good friend Chris Border from Colton, OR just had a heart attack. He is 38 years old. He is going in for open heart surgery Tuesday, Feb. 5th. He is a very talented metal former. He learned from and worked for Russ Meeks. If you know him or even if you don't, please think good thoughts for him. Thanks

2. 31whitey

31whitey

man

wish him well

hope all goes good

3. jetmek

jetmek

38? damn....best wishes

4. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

He also has a wife and 2 young daughters. Hope everything goes well! He drives a 54' Chevy, is building a 29' Closed cab pickup and builds pre 1915 vintage motorcycles.

5. shanesflames

shanesflames

Russ Meeks ? that sounds familir..my dad built some rods in Portland in the 60-70's wow the memoir's....praying for Criss...Shane O'Connor

6. EmilyBelle

EmilyBelle

I don't know him but our thoughts are with him.

7. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

Russ Meeks built a flip bodied 30' Model A that won AMBR somewhere around the late 70's to early 80's. Somebody might be able to help me out there. Russ also built a 54' Chevy hardtop that is pearl white with orange flames all over it. It is running around somewhere in California now. Recently a famous 57' Nomad he built surfaced. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

8. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

9. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Todd, sorry to hear about Chris...Hope hes doing ok. He's a great sheetmetal guy. Let us know how he is doing...Alan

10. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

Sermonette: I don't know Chris, but I know a lot about heart disease from the looking up at the O R ceiling point of view. Genetic heritage plays a big part, but lifestyle is also a factor. Tobacco, weight, diet, exercise, knowing your numbers....all the stuff that people campaign about. Pay attention, starting young. Chris may have been doing all the right things. But, if the gene mix is working against you like it was me, you really have to fight it. My prayers and best wishes to Chris and his family; he has a lot of things going for him. End of Sermonette.