Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anybody know anything about AAMCO #7950 alignment tools?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Got a chance to buy this set at an estate sale. I got online to see if any parts are missing but these tools must be really rare or maybe just old. There are 2 roller plates for the front wheels but I can only find one ramp. It includes 2 toe-in checkers and some other hardware.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that you are looking at the value of the swivel plates/turn table. Without seeing photos of the other pieces it is hard to place a value on them but most any pair of decent turn tables is worth 100 to 200 if you can actually use them and intend to use them. Some toe in gauges are more trouble than they are worth for guys with modified cars. As it is a lot easier and simpler to scribe a line on the center of the tread and measure from line to get and exact measurement rather than dealing with the toe in gauge.
    http://www.2040-parts.com/aamco-alignment-turntables-i1152708/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Ammco-Mo...264879?hash=item216bf6eaef:g:ATkAAOSwyuFeXEqN

I've got a Quick Trick alignment set that I probably paid too much for to get the turn tables. I had been hunting for a set for a while and a guy who buys and sells tools out of his house had these a while back. The best thing about them is that they are intended to be portable and are pretty light in comparison.

3. Thanks for the reply. Both turntables appear to be in very good condition. The toe-in bars are for trucks, I'm sure. I use to use them on City dump trucks to set toe-in. Very handy. I paid a little over $100.

Tim likes this.
  4. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

You did good! Even better if you use them, especially if you can help other HAMB'rs align their cars, especially when most HAMB vehicles aren't in the computer & the new shops have no idea where to find the specifications, let alone how to do the job properly!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020

5. Yeah you did good!. I've been looking for alignment stuff and 2 plates go for BIG $$$$, then the rest of the tools go for almost as much.