Register now to get rid of these ads!

anybody have some pics of this incredible 49 chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Dec 18, 2004.

1. glassguy

glassguy

that buick chrome has me a thinkin

2. mikes51

mikes51

side shot , check out the rocker panel molded into the door.

3. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

This post just keeps getting better and better! That last hard topped chevy looks very close to the profile of my chevy that im hardtoppin...

Attached Files:

4. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

hey FrenZ,,,,,,you are just as fanatical about kustoms as i am,,,,,,,this is definitely one of the best posts i've ever seen on the HAMB since i've been here, and trust me, i've been here for a LONG time,,,(i'm like member #43 or something...lol)....that shop has such a sense of style,,,everything they do flows and works together so well,,,you can tell that they put a lot of thought into what they do,,,that chevy definitely deserved the award it got for best custom,,,,,this post is such an inspiration to anyone that loves well executed, traditional styled kustoms!! gives you something to aspire to, in my opinion....I can't decide which photo to save as a background for my computer, but it'll definitely be one of the shots of that chevy this post started out about..

5. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

mikes51:

Thanks for the pic ! The Merc looks unbelievable.I didn't notice the molded rocker panel until you mentioned it...
    I also have the Merc on video,also at Moon,maybe two or three years ago.At this time the Merc was all red and had no side moldings.The top was up and it had ripple hub caps.I actually don't "like" convertibles because a very well chopped top is simply ultimate.BUT I have do admit the Merc looks mighty good on the pic you posted !

DIRTYT :

Your Chevy looks very good even now and I like that color ! Please keep the pics coming.I really like progress shots and I guess so do many others too. Great car !

6. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[ QUOTE ]
    hey FrenZ,,,,,,you are just as fanatical about kustoms as i am,,,,,,,this is definitely one of the best posts i've ever seen on the HAMB since i've been here, and trust me, i've been here for a LONG time,,,(i'm like member #43 or something...lol)....that shop has such a sense of style,,,everything they do flows and works together so well,,,you can tell that they put a lot of thought into what they do,,,that chevy definitely deserved the award it got for best custom,,,,,this post is such an inspiration to anyone that loves well executed, traditional styled kustoms!! gives you something to aspire to, in my opinion....I can't decide which photo to save as a background for my computer, but it'll definitely be one of the shots of that chevy this post started out about..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Kustom7777,
    thank you VERY much ! It's damn nice to hear.Yes,I totally agree.The Garcia sleds flow from front to back and from back to front.There's nothing distracting on these cars and they are just very harmonic.
    I actually pefer more radical chopped tops like the Barris built Jerry Quesnel Merc for example but the Garcias showed me that mild chops really do work as well.Of course this also depends on what car you are building.
    Cole Foster's Chevy and the Chevy he built for Mike Ness have also rather "mild" chops.I like these sleds a lot and I REALLY admire the work of Cole Foster too.

[​IMG]

7. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Interior shot of the droptop Merc.

[​IMG]

8. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

agreed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cole is also one of the best!

9. v8minor

v8minor

yep one of the best kustom posts , this is the kind of thing that keeps me goin.I just wish I cuold see some of those cars in the flesh.. and Anyone know how to save a post..

10. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

my buddy's brother owns this one.

i also did the hood peaking on that blue Fleetline. i have to get some pics of that one soon.

Attached Files:

11. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

Attached Files:

12. glassguy

glassguy

cmon !!!! keep this going any nice sleds at all just post em

Attached Files:

13. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

don't know know who built it but another fine example of flow

Attached Files:

14. [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Cole Foster's Chevy and the Chevy he built for Mike Ness have also rather "mild" chops.I like these sleds a lot and I REALLY admire the work of Cole Foster too.

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

ANyone ever see Mike's Chevy other than the pix Cole has up? Would like to see more of it.

15. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

another fav. of mine

Attached Files:

16. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I really dig the headlights on this one

Attached Files:

17. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

low springs and glassguy :
    Great cars ! I was about to post some pics of that red/brown primered Chevy too.Again great cars !
    Here's one of the blue Fleetline.

[​IMG]

18. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Beautiful !
    I really like hubcaps like Cad Sombreros or '53 Studebaker and the like.One year ago I bought some Stude caps on Ebay.Have many dents though.Still need a car to put them on... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What car these caps came off ?

P.S. Just saw the new posts coming in while I was about to post the pic of the blue Fleetline.Yeah,way to go !
    I also would like to see more of the Ness Chevy ! I lately have got Mad Fabs Vol.I and I'm so disappointed they didn't show more of this sled...

19. epinut

epinut

That blue Fleetline is a really tastful car, wouldnt mind seeing more of it...

20. glassguy

glassguy

those are 54 chevy with bulletts. i had those on the merc for a while then stole the buulets and put on 53 stude

21. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Just compare this to the stock '51 front.

[​IMG]

"Small" details...

22. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey epinut !

Here you go ! My X-mas gift from me to you ! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. epinut

epinut

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey epinut !

Here you go ! My X-mas gift from me to you !

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks a lot! Merry X-mas to you too [​IMG]

24. Mutt

Mutt

25. Mutt

Mutt

26. epinut

epinut

Btw thats excactly how I was planning on doing the grill on my -50, just fill the dimples from the parking lights and grind down the Chevrolet letters on the upper bar.

Never got around to it before I sold it though, would've looked good...

27. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Some more Buick anyone ?

[​IMG]

Does anybody know the car in the background...? [​IMG]

28. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Good looking hardtopped Shoebox Coupe at Moon lately.

[​IMG]

29. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

[QUOTE ]

[/QUOTE ]

heres the hood getting peaked. thats why you see the car with no hood. i had it. lol

Attached Files:

30. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

i need to get finished shots of it on the car.

Attached Files: