Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody going to talladega Friday or Saturday?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Olustee Bus, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Olustee Bus

Olustee Bus

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Got to go three times in the last 10 years. It is a real classic NASCAR good time.

3. Is this as large as Moultrie or Charlotte Autofair or more like Noccolula Falls swapmeet?

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I was planning on it, but my semi truck shot it's wad yesterday so now I've got to do something about it.:mad:

5. Olustee Bus

Olustee Bus

I am guessing it is about like Noccolula or smaller.

6. chopped

chopped

I went two years ago and it was very small, it may have changed but I'm not going to go.

7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

it was small the 1st year,smaller last year.i don't like to miss a good swap,but i'm on the fence about this one. lot of camaro/chevelle/nova stuff.if i have absolutly nothing else to do,i MIGHT go.just can't get excited about it after last year.

8. Eddie

Eddie
    from Georgia

Was there Fri. & Sat. very poor turnout of sellers in swap meet. Looks like maybe three dozen parts sellers there with room for possibly as many as 300. Worse than last year. Common complaimts were $100.00 per space too high for such small spots. Saw one guy in a 55 Chevy turn around and leave after learning of $100.00 car corral space. Fair amount of shoppers on Sat. but many said that they will not return next year. I can't address how the car corral or auction went.
    Without drastic changes, this swapmeet is doomed. May already be too late. Sad to see happen in such a nice place.

9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Glad I didn't waste my time then....

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

a little history.this used to be in b'ham. joe average could go set up make a buck. the city took a wrecking ball to the old race track/buildings. guy moved out to the superspeedway,went way up on cost of spaces.going down hill since. but i know he needs to pay for his investment,but.................. 1st one i've missed in probably 20-25 years