Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody goin to the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

That's 56 trim too ain't it?

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

YES! thats the REST of why it looked wrong, I just couldnt nail it

3. '82 Cavalier with 23 miles on it huh. I'm pretty sure that's about how long most made it :)

4. I did a double take, too. Man, that's weird.

5. Shortydoowop

Shortydoowop
    from Phoenix

Ok, I need an honest evaluation from guys in that part of the country. I can't image there is any way cars/trucks sitting on the ground in that climate (I think it was covered in snow just 2 months ago) can be salvageable. Only about 80 cars were covered. Condensation in the engine, trans renders the ones in the field toast. Their frames, and undercarriage have to be pitted and not a good candidate for resto. Their rockers and floors have to be junk. Right?

I dont' even think the interiors can be salvaged, dried, separation at the seams, mold etc.

Oh and you know there were rats..(not talking about SBC's or thieves).

I would think for sure the 80 perfect cars that were sitting indoors will bring stupid money. But the others like the 64 C10 longbeds must just be junk with no miles?

Finally, what about the fact there are 400 or so used/trade ins. Do you think a 57 4 door with 63k miles sitting in a field for 40 years is worth a lot?

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Even with snow in the winter I think its a drier climate then in the midwest,I have never been out in that part of the country but have seen a few vehicles that sat outside from there and they were alot better then cars from around here. There is a local junkyard that has cars sitting outside since the early to late 60s and they are about ready to fall apart,what I seen from that field look like they would not take too much to get running and would rather have one of those then what is sitting around here.

7. BRAINS!

BRAINS!

i grew up around that part of the country not too far from norfolk and we consider that the midwest, anyway it gets really humid and hot in the summer and rains a ton in the spring and late fall not to mention the snow so it really isnt a dry climate, those cars sitting in all that tall grass for all those years surely dont have much for floors left in them, i would love to go the auction just to see what the stuff brings but prob wont be able to make it since i live in NH now

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  8. In my opinion this thing has transcended the normal car auction and has become a happening -- hotels booked for miles around, etc. I will be surprised to see any bargains at all.

9. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

derby cars? i see allot of restorable cars! if only i had the cash and time sooo sad...

10. I think this picture sums up what I think the field trade-ins are going to be like....

[​IMG]

Shame, too, cause I'd be all over a 56 wagon

11. henry29

henry29

Yeah but this 57 doesn't look that bad,

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. 57 doesn't look too bad, but have to wonder what's under those rubber mats.

Worst part of this insanity is that the picture lot search appears to in no way be related to the lot numbers on the inventory list....unless I'm missing an updated list somewhere. Some picture lots pull up pictures of 2 different cars with the same lot numbers.

I know it's a big auction, but these people are supposed to be the pros.

13. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I think I'll go up and take a look. There are more 49 to 54 Chevys than you could shake a stick at.

14. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I see A LOT of 4 doors and long box pckups that will end up being crushed, or derby material whether they are "new' cars with no miles or not. They are still rotten 4 doors with mouse infested/eaten interiors and long boxes.
    Honestly, what other fate does an early 80's caprice classic 4 door with a rotten interior and broken out windows have.......even if it only has 12 miles and has never been titled?
    It's sad that that will be the fate of these cars that this guy held onto for whatever reason was.
    Does anyone know if these cars could have been bought over the years, or was he the type of guy that once they ended up at the farm they weren't going to be sold?

15. I honestly don't know. There are so many baffling aspects to this... I wish I had time to go hang out in Pierce, Nebraska for a week and get the story.

http://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/...the-lambrecht-chevrolet-barn-find-collection/

16. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If it was not so far from me I would go as there are a few I would be interested in for parts,I would also like to grab a few of the long box trucks for a supply of work trucks. Get one running and put new wood in the bed and run one until it fell apart and do the same with the next one.

17. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I'm sure there are some rough cars but I'd bet there are a bunch of gems there too. I'd love to have that green station wagon.

18. Lots of wagons and pickups. But then it is Nebraska!

19. ericknight

ericknight

I think this early 70s Chevrolet truck is a good representation of what to expect from the "new" vehicles stored outside. It may only have 3.7 miles on it, but I can tell by the pics on the auction website that this truck is missing the grille, carb, radiator, side trim, tailgate and all lenses. And it looks like the miscreant loader operator damaged an otherwise perfect bed in the move from the farm to the auction site. Most of the 60s pickups are missing the radiators and tailgates as well, and a lot of the cars have broken glass and huge dents from falling trees. Looks like more than a few people have hopped the fence over the years and helped themselves to parts, it's unlikely the owner would have sold anything off of them given his eccentric behavior.

Attached Files:

20. Thanks for the eagle-eyed report.

21. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

With out knowing the whole story I am tempted to call BS on the 2 to 12 miles that so many of these cars have on the odometer. But at least they weren't buried in a vault in Oklahoma for 50 years. With all the advertising on this auction I probably couldn't afford any of them.

22. Over on the station wagon forum, there is a user that said the green 64 wagon has no VIN tag on it. Said it was mentioned in one of the videos on the auction site. After suffering through the narration on the first one, I wasn't going to watch the rest to find out.

23. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Im with lobucrod, it'd be fun to go and watch, but all the press its gotten things are going to be sky high. Everyone wanting to pull a Ass Monkey and flip a car for a ton of money, because thats how it happens on TV, and all the heavy hitter collectors that want a low mileage piece.

I'd wonder how many the factory "totaled" out due to damage and thats why he kept them. Would also be reasonable that if that were the case he took parts off from them to sell as repairs were needed on other vehicles, what better than 100% profit margin items that are just sitting around?

I know of a handfull of cars throughout nebraska that factories had damage on and they were stripped of the VIN and "donated" to schools or "camps" for the kids to learn how to work on. A real nice regal with about 8 miles on it, though I'd really want to tear it all down before anything just to check. I knew some of the kids that went to the camp its at, they could have screwed up the order of parts and then the rest of the kids for years continued to put things together wrong...

Either way, too far for me to drive to check it out, but thankfully the interweb will be full of information about what went down.

24. Topstrap

Topstrap
    from East Ohio

Have a buddy that had planned on going out to mainly watch but possibly buy something left over after the crazies went wild on the cherries. He went to the one here in Zanesville and think that set the stage for what he thought might be out in Nebraska, pretty much all junk and what sold was way overpriced. After seeing a few videos from Nebraska and seeing stuff that looks like the sale here in Zanesville he's canceled that trip and will just wait and hear about what went on on the forums. Would be great if it was televised, probably have a boat load of viewers. Make a great episode for the Gas Monkey guys or one of the other reality shows to be there and walk around and film things during the auction.

Topstrap

25. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I'd like to see the misc stuff for sale like old tools and equipment. If that kind of stuff sells last I might be able to afford some of it if all the high rollers spend all their money on the cars first and leave.

26. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

They do give the option to buy a car,strip it and leave the hulk.

27. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

28. Notice that they show the closeups of the rot and rust....nice hulks. I'll pass, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.