Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody goin to the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1929Essex

1929Essex

I just got back from the auction this morning. A neat experience but definetly had a few complaints. Mainly people just having no respect at all. I stood in a vanderbrink tent to watch the chaos for about an hour and watched people wander in and open up sealed boxes of the memorbilia books they were selling at the auction. Once one idiot did it, the others followed. What kind of person just walks in and assume shit is free for them to just take, let alone opening up the sealed boxes that werent out for display. The other thing that was frustrating was watching everyone standing and leaning on all the cars just to watch, even the brand new ones. I'd be pissed if I just bought one and people were putting their asses all over it. My coworker talked to Yvette two months before the show and she said if the place became a zoo they would only allow registered bidders to be on the property...obviously that didnt happen. You couldnt even see what you were bidding on, hell one lady even bought a car without a bidder card and acted shocked when they told her she bought it. The crowd got to be too retarded for us so we went back to the room and just used proxibid. Talked to a few people, some got lured into a field and robbed. As for the tv show saturday, I was surprised at the dumbasses on national tv telling how much money they were carrying around?! I also think a lot of the online bidders are gonna be disappointed when they pick up their car being that the online descriptions werent too accurate. Saw a few that said "car has some rust" when it should have said "floor is completely gone." Heard a lot of stories going around, who knows whats really true...a few of them said the guys son had been selling cars out of there and was a camaro nut (might explain why you didnt see any). Another one said someone came along and bought 30 belairs and I also heard that someone offered 7 million dollars for the whole lot a few years ago (sounds like bullshit to me). Overall it was a neat experience but the sales numbers were a little crazy. Maybe old man lambrecht had this plan all along to set up his familys' futures, good for him becoming a millionaire.

2. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

3. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

brian unger, why was he even there, couldn't they get someone that knows something about cars, you know Courtney kardashian, or her husband.? maybe the last minuet car people were too busy. this brian guy was way left out , I actually felt sorry for him, kinda like me talking about the super bowl. I never really got into bowling much, so there fore I don't talk about it either.

4. 117harv

117harv

Lets see, some of the folks you saw there were idiots, retarded, and bumbasses, thanks for your prospective:cool:

5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you even read what I posted? Yes, you can always buy a 1958 Cameo in pristine shape for much less than was paid, including the premium for the low/no mileage/never titled. Put another way, the fact that it was never titled adds a premium to the value but not as much of a premium as was paid. Probably 40% of that price was pure enthusiasm.

6. Model T1

Model T1

I've tried to stay positive and not add bullshit with the new HAMB. But sometimes I write even when I shouldn't.
    I've found this entire thread very entertaining. But like others I am not interested in, if things that are written here bothered me I'd stop looking at this post and stop commenting myself. That's only my opinion and I enjoy all the others.

7. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

The value was a whole collection of never sold vehicles with low mileage, in addition to the trade-ins which he put out to pasture. As a group it was interesting to have all these unsold, then stored vehicles.

Certainly premiums were paid for being a part of the collection. But, will anyone care in time about a rust bucket with low miles because it was left it in a field for 40 years and someone paid a lot for it?

8. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

What does it matter if the car has no miles or not????I drive mine so it would have miles soon anyways!! Jim

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

What were some other prices of no mileage, never titled 1958 Cameos?

10. The only way to find out is when one of these vehicles is put up for auction again. Will the seller list it as one of the "Lambrecht,LOW MILEAGE" cars? And ,will that make any difference? Will the new buyer think he is getting something "special"?
    I truely believe the next time that Cameo is up for sale,it WON'T go for 140k.

11. gatz

gatz

OK, I get it now. (little dense sometimes...must be that age thing they keep talking about)

12. I completely agree with this.

13. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$6.00, I think. :rolleyes:

14. fuzzface

fuzzface

Yea Gatz, we don't need to talk about that age thing, it is getting to me too. The ebay ad is a little misleading though using lambrecht in the sub title. So far it isn't working, no bids. I see another person is doing the same with a corvette promo car they have.

Has anybody seen any of the cars or trucks actually make it on ebay or some other site for resale yet? I would like to follow a few of them if they do. I doubt we will at the prices these people paid but then some of the prices at the Harthung(?,spelling) auction we thought were high and some popped up on ebay within a day or 2.

15. ericknight

ericknight

That green Impala didn't sell? Guess it didn't meet the scrap price. https://vanderbrinkauction.proxibid...7534817&title=1971-Chevrolet-Impala-4dr-Sedan

16. fuzzface

fuzzface

the only thing that I saw that is for sale so far from there is a yard stick on ebay and it has a bin of $200 or an auction starting price of $100.00 otherwise I haven't seen anything yet.

I agree with Bad Bob about waiting and seeing how the cars from there are promoted for resale next time and see what happens, probably why I've been searching and seeing if any are trying to get passed off already, might have a long wait though.

17. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

I saw some Frigidaire spoons that supposedly came from the auction.

There is a time capsule quality to the cars unfortunately many of the capsules had the floor rust out from beneath them. It will be interesting to see what some of these do on resale and how they are used, but I'd much rather have a better quality car and go make my own story with it.

18. 5window

5window

Including yours. :) There is a world of difference between drivel and divine guidance and that, of course, is whether I'm writing it or reading it. I logged in to see the cars being sold. Most of them looked pretty much like junk to me, provenance or not. And really ,who will want a yardstick next week-they'll be free at Hershey.

19. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

I was out Sunday looking at some cars, and this auction was referenced when it came to start discussing pricing.

20. Just saw a bidder's number and a Pierce t-shirt on the bay. Also a 53 Corvette Promo and several old Chevy pickup promos. No bids on the yard stick.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes :) I didn't offer any opinion on the auction or the offerings or the people involved.

Just that it seemed like a lot of hot air hype.
    It can be entertaining at least there is that. :)

22. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

Tman,

The Vanderbrink Gal doesn't have a clue about running an Auto Auction..she talked more about herself and told stupid jokes..waste of time...I had to set her straight a few times on the years and makes of cars...there were also the same bidders running up the bids and not winning a single one...:eek:

23. Really?, I think her track record speaks for herself. :rolleyes:

24. Glad I went to a T-bird convention in Houston for 5 days and paid $125 for cab fare to get to the the hotel rather than drive a few hours to be part of a 2-day feeding frenzy for incomplete, rusted-out cars that the guy originally didn't sell in order to avoid paying taxes on them in the first place. Bet the IRS is looking over the Lambrecht's bank accounts real close now...

25. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

What track record? She is like a Politician...all talk...I had lost some online bids online but by Friday night I was the high bidder...can you say scam...:eek:

26. Sorry you feel that way but in this region she has a great track record. Maybe you should not bid online for things you have not seen in person?:rolleyes:

27. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

That is what makes the USA a great country...we can all agree to disagree without the Taliban cutting off our heads...:D Let's not let the Government take away our rights...:)

28. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I think most of the prices were OK. Only the 0 mile cars and trucks got really big money. Even the used cars were relatively low mileage with short lives and they went for realistic money. The 0 mile cars do need restoring but it's a lot cheaper to restore a 0 mile car or truck than one which has had a 50 year life of use and abuse. Quicker too. The opportunity to buy a car which has 0 miles on it is very rare and obviously worth the premium price paid by the buyers. Yes it will lose value as you drive it as does a new Mercedes, but millions of people pay $100,000 or more for a new premium car which will also lose all it's value as the miles pile on. Life is about experiences and these cars offer people the experience of driving a 50s or 60s car from mile 1.

29. 5window

5window

?? We're talking car auctions-not politics. This thread's close to being done anyway, please don't make it political.

30. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Agreed, that has no relevance here. Like Bugs bunny would say, "What a cad, what an ultra maroon " :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.