Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody Get a Garage Magazine Yet ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by frontenginedragsters, Mar 27, 2008.

1. I still have not seen a new Garage magazine yet.
    Anybody?

2. clemdaddy

clemdaddy

no, not me.
    been so long i'm not even sure when i subscribed, last summer i think.

3. Half-Fast

Half-Fast

Latest issue has been delayed because they changed printers. Should be out soon.

4. Movinman

Movinman

No. I have given up on seeing any.

5. Big Dad

Big Dad

stoner will show up here and soon defend that rag

Then Jesse .. and the post will be locked

Buy a alliance membership here ..You will learn 100 times a much

6. I think they still owe me one, no big deal, I don't expect it so I won't be disappointed, and if I get it I will be pleasantly surprized. Carlg

7. Stoner

Stoner

Are you following me around, Big Dad?!?

You're right, though –*I'll stand up: the issue is on-press as we speak with a new printer in Denver, CO. It'll start shipping the first week of April and I, for one, couldn't be more relieved/excited/worn out over it.

For the most part, you've all been amazingly supportive as we get things figured out over here and I really do appreciate it. You've seen this magazine grow right before your eyes and I consider this board "family" in many ways. I've asked for your patience in this stage of growth and you've given it.

Now, I believe what you're about to see will be worth the wait. And, as always, email me or call me directly:

[email protected]
    415-621-2477

Keep in mind, there are only two of us in the office, so if you don't get an immediate response, bear with us and we'll get you taken care of!

STONER

8. Conder

Conder

I don't like to see Dan and Brian's asses hangin' out in the breeze alone! This magazine is produced by 2 people. Regardless of who owns it or who writes for it or who takes pictures for it or who advertises in it or who drives it to the store...

Garage is a fine magazine because of these 2 people. It's also a miracle (and I should know, I was raised a catholic.)

9. I'm just sitting here patiently awaiting the second part of the story on Denny Miliani! I'm sure it's worth the wait

10. Conder

Conder

Thanks man, hope ya like part 2! I may have written it, but Dan and Brian laid it out, art directed it and helped with research and photos. My part was easy....

11. FredK

FredK
    Member Emeritus

Garage magazine needs more news about Desotos! :D

12. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

That's good news. Will I still be able to find a copy in Wal-Mart or Barnes & Noble?

13. Seriously man, if I didn't get to read that shit soon I was gonna pm you and attempt to bribe you to email me the article! In the first article, there's a pic of Denny with McEwen, one of my all time favorite pics I've ever seen. Tom's flashing the V for victory. Can you pm or email me the pic?

14. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Printed in Denver?
    can I go over and put my fingerprints in the wet ink?
    (or steal a copy)

15. Oh sure, go ahead, give all the flowery hosannas to Stoner and Bounds. But does anybody ever stop and think where the magazine would be if it wasn't for the precision high-quality girl oiling? Noooo. They all think that the girls show up magically pre-glistened, never once considering how much hard work and cocoa-buttering goes into every shoot.

You're WELCOME. Ingrates.

Zenor
    Garage Magazine Staff Girl-Oiler

16. Conder

Conder

The best copy of the Miliani pictures are in the magazine...your favorite one was a low quality zerox from someone's scrap book. Brian made it look decent! Zenor, I can't talk to you man...you're just too damn lucky.

17. BlackCherryImpala

BlackCherryImpala
    from Girard, KS

They should make you use 30 weight Havoline instead of that wimpy cocoa butter. After all, it's Garage.

18. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Some things are well worth waiting for. For me, one of them is Garage.

19. I gotta know, what issue are they up to? I think my sub ended around 9, I tried reupping a couple times on the website, then forgot about it. I guess I'll wait'll you guys start talking about it, then head to Barnes and Noble. ;)

My collection starts with #2... I gotta get 10-13?

Jay

20. monsterflake

monsterflake

thanks for reminding me, i just paypal'd my subscription, i'll be checking my mailbox...

21. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I feel the pain, mine starts at #3

I here that Senor Stoner has gone and done some crazy revamping, going to be better than ever. :D

good to here that the printer situation is all cleared up. hope the distribution house is at the same level.

22. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

One of my favorite rags on the stands. Love Tims writting, it's like listening to close buddy tellin' like it is, or was, or should be.

Glad to hear things are getting worked out.

GV

23. At this point, I'd just like to get what I paid for, and then be done with it. Sad thing is, I don't think that's how it'll go. Too bad.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my magazine today!!!(4-29) It's been hit and miss for me for interest in the content, this one is more miss than hit. I'll spend the next $20 on TR&K.

24. I bought 2 back issues almost 2 years ago and also subscribed a few weeks later. I never received a single issue but they took my money anyways. I have posted about this in the past when these issues come up from time to time on the HAMB.

I've been understanding for almost 2 years now and have never said a bad word about Dan or the magazine. I emailed him directly almost a month ago. He said he was looking into it. He then emailed me and said to hang on he's still looking into it.

I have emailed him 2 times since and never heard back from him. This has been going on almost 2 years now. I can certainly appreciate how hectic things can be when it's a 2 man operation. I am a one-man-band here at my shop and things can easily fall through the cracks even when you try your hardest. BUT....the one thing I have never done (and never will do) is take someones money and then not deliver.

I have no doubts that the magazine is a good publication and the Dan is personally a good guy, but this is ridiculous....

Matt

25. Conder

Conder

"I have no doubts that the magazine is a good publication and the Dan is personally a good guy, but this is ridiculous....

Matt"

You're absolutely right.

26. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

still waiting, last word was, the newest issue was going to be out in Feb.
    I e-mailed Stoner a week ago, no response yet.
    I now know it's a "two man operation", so hire more people, or put realistic dates on your subscriptions, such as: we have your cash, you can expect your first issue in 8-10 months.
    My subscription was placed in July,...it's now the end of March.

27. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

i got a subscription for christmas......i just thought someone didnt want to pay for a present!

28. Stoner

Stoner

Hey, Matt--

Sorry for the delay, but your subscription is fixed up (finally) and we've got you set, starting with this issue that's on-press as we speak!

STONER

29. slammed

slammed

C'mon next issue, i'-m-jone'sin'-bad! Buy 2, they like gold.

30. I sent my paypal payment in too about a month ago cuz I was tired of buying it from the stand. That was right before KingChassis told me the rumor about the mag being cancelled (DOH!). Glad that rumor isn't true (hehe)...

Now I will just wait patiently :)

Great mag and worth the wait too!