Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody from Kitchener Ontario?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rory428, Oct 16, 2013.

1. I own a 1959 Ford Meteor 2door post here im BC, but the car has an old metal dealership emblem that says "Stevens Motors, Kitchener" below the trunk lid. I was curious if anybody from the area was familiar, or had even ever heard of this car lot. What I am trying to do is to find out if Stevens Motors was a Ford/Meteor dealer, or maybe just a local used car lot. Thanks.

2. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

3. Thanks, very cool shot. I did do a Google some time ago, but never really found any info. Nice to know if was a Ford dealer, rather than a"Sid Slicks used car lot". Any idea when the delership closed?

4. As far as I know, they are still listed as a Lincoln Mercury dealership in Kitchener-Waterloo area.

5. hightower611

hightower611

They are still listed on some search engines but they have been gone for some time. They tried a large new dealership but didn't survive. There is a Mercedes dealer at their last site,

6. F&J

F&J

In my small state, there are so many old time dealers that recently folded. Never imagined that would have happened to older named places with good reputations and loyal buyers

7. Foxmotorsport

Foxmotorsport

Reviving an old thread, but I worked there from the mid 80s until almost the close (with a short period at another dealer in between. Best place I ever worked bar none.... I even have some of the old metal "Stevens" logos brand new in a box somewhere....

8. Well, that name brings back some real good memories for me, Kitchener, (Ontario)

I Bought my Center Door "T" in Columbus Ohio, in 1978, and the guys name was John Pappett, (RIP), with his wife Heidi, what a great couple.
    They drove all the way to the Nationals I bought the car, and they drove all the way back to Kitchener, and I shipped over the car, from Kitchener, to the UK, which was a big deal then.

Really sorry to steal your thread.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016