Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody ever use YEAR ONE for GM body parts? Any good?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desertratrodder, Jan 8, 2004.

1. I got a call today from a friend that needs help with his car. It seems a work crew dropped a steamroller off the lowboy truck and into his 70 Buick Skylark GS 455 clone. It wiped out the rear 1/4, bumper and such. Hes looking for replacements to give the guy a quote for repairs. He is thinking about using parts from Year One. I told him about all the shit repro Mustang parts I've dealt with, but dont know about year one's quality. If anyone has used their parts please give me some input. If anyone has a parts car in So. Cal, we'd be interested in that too. I'd prefer OE sheetmetal. Much Thanks.

2. i started using parts from paddock, they suck. everything i bought from them wouldn't fit and was very cheaply made. then i switched to yearone. exellent ,parts, customer service, and delivery time. thier parts fit perfectly and were very good quality.

3. I bought some floor pans for my 71 Chevelle from YearOne. They got them to me very quick and they were good quility.

4. cadlights

cadlights
    from Hooper, Ut

As they say, YEAR ONE ROCKS. very good fit and very good service. We use em all the time.

5. Muttley

Muttley

I got a SS hood from them for a Chevelle I used to own, it fit fine, but they didnt tell me that the stock bolts were to long and when I bolted it on it dimpled the hood on both sides. [​IMG]

6. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

year-one is great! my brother used them on a 69 chevelle redo. he also has a n-50 gs bumper that he might sell if your buddy likes those. give him a call, ask for steve 800-798-2581

7. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

year one is a great place to shop. i bought parts for the 64 chevelle i had.

8. Dragrace66

Dragrace66

A buddy restored his 68 Camino with their parts, he bought new door skins, rear side panels and more. everything was good quality and good fit.
    But I know guys here in europe they call year one - one year, because the guys get their parts one year after ordering.

9. i've heard good stuff about the quality of their pieces. But they're higher than a cats back.
    My daughter has used some pieces from them, she liked them. She has found some cheaper suppliers for the same quality parts.
    They'de be good for a quote, then shop around.
    I'll ask her who the other places are that she gets parts from if you want. PM me.