Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody ever see this on a Mustand II front end???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty, May 18, 2011.

1. Completely rebuilt front end, all new ball joints etc..., all Moog components.

Attached Files:

2. the-rodster

the-rodster

Hmmm, that's gotta be an issue with the brake kit that was used.

Were the wrong bearings used?

Rich

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

whats your wheel bearing look like?

4. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Is the wheel bearing or the rotor the correct one ?

4TTRUK

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

GM rotors? There is a thread that discusses that either on here or on the Chevy truck board.

there is some info in this thread http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276859&highlight=gm+rotor+spacing

ElPolackco has done and repaired probably as many MII front ends as anyone around and his info should be right on. Basically what he is saying is to massage the lower control arm a bit for rotor clearance with a bfh.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  6. 62rebel

62rebel

seems like the calipers would have bound up if it were a question of misaligned parts or incorrect bearings, even seems like the rotor would drag on the spindle in that case. some judicious grinding or a few well placed whacks with the GM tool will correct that.

7. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

MII spindles with aftermarket rotors are very common in circle track racing. Many times the tollerances stack up and you get this exact problem. Most just take a hammer to the end of the a-frame and roll the lip a bit more, doesn't take much. Didn't you notice it when you put the wheel on and tried to roll it?

SPark

8. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Instructions in the disc brake kit I got for mine because I upgraded to the bigger rotors say that with stock lower control arms you may have to modifiy the control arms for clearance.BFH give em a call at Chassie Engineering or ECI

9. George/Maine

George/Maine

I had the same thing happen.
    Its that piece of shit of a lower control arm, mine from Speedway its stamped wrong of not for use with Granada rotors.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  10. That's what my kit said also, Chassis eng.