Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anybody ever dealt with a typo on a CA title?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cretin, Nov 30, 2021.

1. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

i guess im lucky to live in a rural co, where the dmv people all know me .they actually do everything within the law to make things simple .and dont question me about NEVER paying over $500.oo for anything . i do get a wink , or, WOW , you got a grt. deal AGAIN . aaa here are idiots and i would much rather go to dmv . but the line at aaa is imaginary so if its real simple . but , nothing ever seams to be simple

BigDogSS likes this.
  2. I took a title to bmv in Indiana to register a c10 pickup. The lady typed the vin incorrectly. I happened to notice as I was leaving the building that it didn't match and took the registration and title back over to her and showed her. She then declared that we could not determine which vin was correct without a law enforcement inspection. I told her the title as fine and had been for years. Just admit you mistyped it. Had to sit and wait for a sheriff's deputy to come and look at the vin plate to get a correct registration. Pure uncut American bureaucracy.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  3. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

My grandparents changed the spelling of their Finnish last name when they got to the States. Made things a lot easier.

wicarnut likes this.
  4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, Caddy is much easier. Now, why did your parents name you 1946?

5window and Budget36 like this.
  5. This right here !

polite, curious, and patience.

I’ve had 2 cars in the last little bit with messed up ownerships ( an S was a 2 or an 8 a 3) my Buick had an extra digit in it !!

anyways while the DMV lady was doing her thing I just said “ oh by the way “ this is wrong .

both times I got “ no worries I’ll just correct it “

what gimpy said is true, you see people pulling fits in the DMV . Yes it’s a shitty monotonous government job. But they have to fill out the forms correctly . It’s there job. Getting angry at them for a system they simply have to follow gets everyone no where fast.

sugar , flys ? Honey ? I dunno something like that

gimpyshotrods likes this.