Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Anybody Drive on Dirt/Gravel Roadways?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat Six Fix, Mar 26, 2021.

1. BDUB77

BDUB77

Yep,
    I have a gravel driveway that leads to a gravel road for about a mile. But that road hits the Blue Ridge Parkway, so I'll put up with some dust, mud and a few rock chips.;) driveway.jpg

30tudor, winduptoy and NoSurf like this.
  2. I participated in a hillclimb last year. We did three runs up a twisty gravel road here in Norway.
    On the first and third run you can hear what is going on in the engine bay (including my annoying electric fan) but on the second run (1.10) you can hear the exhaust from the camera/microphone mounted on the rear bumper.

My 1952 Mercury has a 351W from 1975 with a FMX gearbox and a 8" rear from a 1966 Mustang. The rear has 3:1 gears and LSD, the kind with two steel cones and spring.
    The exhaust is 2.5" from the stock manifolds with one big see-through muffler on each pipe, and 3"pipe the last 18" on each side. I think it produces a nice tone, loud enough to make me smile when I floor it, and quiet enough not to awaken the neighbours when I come home at night.

Rune Waltoft from Norway

Sent fra min S52 via Tapatalk

rusty valley likes this.
  3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a bunch of whiners;) My one car attached garage is my tool bin/shop and been having to build my hot rods in/on my gravel (crusher run) driveway for 30 years...and have the "stone dents" in my back to prove it:eek:

runewilliam_merc likes this.