Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any Weekend Goals?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Feb 25, 2017.

1. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Been out of town all week, heading home today. Tomorrow is family stuff. Monday night I'll get back to work on my brakes. Got one more line to bend and flare, then it's time to assemble and bleed.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. mrhp

mrhp
    from MICHIGAN

Turn my altered chassis into a pile of parts to be painted.

saltflats likes this.
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Turn todays tag sale investment of $36.00 into a pile of project money. Bob

4. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Bolt the heads on. Check PTV mesure for push rods. Finish wiring kill switch. Maybe if time don't run short pull out the pumpkin and put in the new one with spool and gears.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Spent a little time with the blasting cabinet,primed a few parts and watch paint dry. HRP

6. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Got this buttoned up today. Now I can start on the clutch and trans fitment. 100_0013.JPG

UNSHINED 2 and The37Kid like this.
  7. 41GASSER

41GASSER

New 185 thermostat & temp sending unit and hopefully a car that runs at temp and a gauge that's accurate. Maybe make the master cylinder heat shield.

8. choptop40

choptop40

Finish 350 4 bolt assembly , replaced blown 400 sbc , freshen things up , paint bushings , rack boots , etc......cool front moving in, perfect day tomorrow..... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

spurgeonforge and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  9. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Help Max Gearhead get his bed wood replaced in time for Wisconsin' s 1st Annual Hot Rod Hundred....

saltflats likes this.
  10. mnjeff

mnjeff

IMG_0850.JPG Finally got the nailhead bolted down in my beater Sprite project

bobss396 and The37Kid like this.
  11. That is some nice looking frame fabrication work! I love it when fabrication becomes art . . . and form is as important as function. I do this same shit - knowing that almost nobody but me will ever see it or know it is there . . . but you do it to make yourself happy! AND, the hardest person for me to make happy . . . is ME. LOL

tomcat11 and The37Kid like this.
  12. southcross2631

southcross2631

Packing up and going to the Southeast Gasser race this weekend and to pick up my heads and cam for my Morris Minor project.
    Screw the garage this weekend ,have worked 6 weeks straight to finish a customer car.
    Going to play golf with my son also.
    See you at Shadyside !!

13. chiro

chiro

Finish the new seat install and seatbelts in my '55 first series Chevy 1/2 ton with my son. Pulling out the early '80's Monte seat and putting in a '98-'05 Astro/Safari third row LEATHER option seat. Been looking for one of those seats for two years. Finally scored one a few weeks ago. Started the fab work last weekend. Hopefully complete it this weekend. Will make the truck much more pleasant to drive...and we drive it long distances. Quite the pain in the ass right now.

Andy

14. Going to clean up the Ford a bit, wash down the engine bay, wash & vacuum and clean all the glass. Maybe install the new electric fan kit. Unless the weather is bitchin'... then I may just cruise around.

15. topher5150

topher5150

Might work on my hoist, then again the wife might want me to help with the house warming party....H.A.M.B.ers are welcome to crash

16. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Going on a brewery crawl Saturday that will be all car guys.Hope to behave cause I have to work days Sunday. SO... survive,conquer,tell a couple whoopers,and get back to business.

17. Old hometown show on Sunday in Norwalk CT. Then getting ready to go to Nats East in Tennessee :cool:

18. mrhp

mrhp
    from MICHIGAN

Taking altered body to the sign painters for lettering, and some gold leaf work.

19. I only have ONE big weekend goal (and a lot of smaller ones) . . . It is Spring here . . . and all I want is to be able to SEE MORE of my SHOP FLOOR! It is a Fxxxing mess at the moment -- time for a spring clean. Arggggggggggh

20. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Hope to get the clutch,bellhousing,trans etc on the FE.

21. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Got the new solenoid wired. Tomorrow get the new mill buttoned up with lifters and new roller rockers.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

bobss396 and saltflats like this.
  22. Washed my engine and engine bay, nice and clean. Hit a local cruise for a couple of hours last night, put some more miles on the Ford.

23. tomcat11

tomcat11

View attachment 3520987 View attachment 3520989
    Thanks man that is a great compliment. You are spot on form always follows function and no one ever see’s it. I just can’t stand sub-par work. It was tedious hand filing and fitting every weld joint and a lot of mock-up. Safety is paramount and I had to come up with something rigid enough to keep from twisting the body which is a noodle when it’s time to put some power to it.

A couple more pic’s showing the old crap sub-rails getting cut out and the start of some new metal going in. The wheel well’s have to come out too as they are too far apart for the steadfast sections going in. Stock subrails were cut right behind the door posts so I had to cut up some new (and expensive) half rails.
    20170328_181734.jpg 20170328_181704.jpg 20170429_124451.jpg

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  24. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg After its strip and repaint for the last 6 months I took my 56 Victoria to a hot rod gathering in Tustin about 10 miles from where I live Sunday morning. On the way home south on the 55 freeway then north on the 405 I usually open it up to hear the dual quads sing. I was not disappointed as I merged going north up the 405 opening up from 60 to 90. It's about the only time I get to do this and I hate to disappoint myself. Need to clean it out every so often and flow some fuel thru those 2 sets of back barrels.

25. Removed the seat in the mordor and re-positioned the track 6" further back,now I can drive it comfortably & ladyhrp can move it as far forward as she needs it.

ct1932ford likes this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Raining here, passed on a local Ford Barn swap meet and hope to take a few loads of junk to the dump, then organize things. Bob

27. Sunday I'm gonna try to find my way home to Texas. Been a my daughters in Ga.

28. Lousy weather so spending time in the garage. Found reason for a couple of burnt wires on the Coleman Coupe. Just lose connection causing wire to overheat when lights on. Also organizing trunks in both 32's. Tools etc.

The37Kid likes this.
  29. The37Kid

The37Kid

We had a wiring problem with our septic pump chamber. Worlds Best Son in Law got in there and fixed it yesterday. New pump was a major hit to the car fund. Bob

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my goal for the weekend was to hit the swap meet in Alameda at the Navy Base. bought some 327 valve covers for 10 bucks and put them on ebay along with a bunch of vintage heaters.

The37Kid likes this.