Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any vintage salvage yards in San Jose area???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xadamx, Jul 3, 2009.

1. xadamx

xadamx

I remember a place in San Jose named "Bob's" or "Bill's" or something...is there a place in the San Jose area that sells stuff off 50's cars...like a '49 Ford shoebox hood?

2. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

hey adam ,not anymore that i know , good luck ........try that guy in niles i think he's bill....or grumpy , something like that ....best to go with someone he likes . its easier to deal with him then....

3. xadamx

xadamx

Sweet...that's what I thought and Klem confirmed it. Trying to find some contact info on the guy right now. See you next weekend at the BBQ...

4. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Adam , call turners auto wreckers in Fresno...70 acres , 10,000 cars from 1928 up.
    559-237-0918
    google earth to see how big it is !
    addy is 4248 s. willow,fresno ca. 93728
    good luck
    Dave

5. xadamx

xadamx

I am going to call this place on Monday...I'd be surprised if they don't have my hood. Thanks for the tip...

6. Adam..The place in Niles(Fremont)is called Don's Antique Auto Parts.His Info is.....

<ADDRESS class=adr>37317 Niles Blvd
    (between G St & H St)
    Fremont, CA 94536
    </ADDRESS>(510) 792-4390

As mentioned above,he is a real "charmer"..but once he gets to know you,he's a real nice guy to deal with.If you have never been there before,your in for a treat..especially if he lets you go in back and look around.Lots of rare stuff floating around.......(tip...look up:eek:)

7. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

adam how ya been you doing a shoebox now?

8. johnnykck

johnnykck

Adam, If you go to Don in Niles just make sure you treat him with respect and don't act like you know more that he does, because he literally knows almost every thing about old cars, don't try to haggle him about his prices. Other than that he's a great guy, I've bought two cars from him, a 1934 Graham coupe and a 1937 LaSalle coupe and a bunch of parts. Some times I go up there just to hang out with him, he's got some great stories to tell.

9. johnnykck

johnnykck

He bought Joe Stockdales shoebox.

10. Rot'nRodder

Rot'nRodder

California Salvage in Morgan Hill. Monterey Rd. just north of Cochran. They have a 49 coupe. They wanted $400 The hood was still there less than a year ago. It's in decent shape, not perfect. I got a '51 hood that needs ALOT of work, but i'll GIVE it to you, if you would like. It needs the bondo stripped and the nose of it needs metal work, but it could be brought back to life. I also got a '49 fender if you're interested

11. Rot'nRodder

Rot'nRodder

California salvage has a bunch of 50's-60's cars out back. Keep in mind they think they're shit is gold so you may pay an arm and a leg

12. Rot'nRodder

Rot'nRodder

Not local.....He's located down in Huntington Beach, but Papke Enterprises has a warehouse full of shoebox and merc parts.