Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any thoughts/opinions on a B&M Mega Blower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travj31, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Found a good deal on a 355 SBC with one of these blowers... Don't know much about them other than I'm not crazy about the looks of it. Are they similar to like a Weiand 6-71? Is it too "street roddy"?

2. Deuces

Deuces

I'd go "old school" with a Weiand 6-71 setup...

3. Looks alone... I couldn't agree more with you, but this seems like a great deal for the set-up. Any ideas on performance out of these B&M's or any common issues?

4. I had 1 when they originally came out back around 1990. There basically a 6-71 only there own design. It worked good. The only problem I ever had was a peice of the teflon striping broke off and got down thru the motor and up into the oil pump and locked it up. Luckily I caught it in time before wrecking the motor. The blower is still on the truck to this day. Actually if you look in my albums there is a pic of it on my 70 Chevy truck that I had when I was 19! Me myself now would prefer the old roots look instead of the "street-roddish" look.

5. Just my personal opinion, but Yes. If it's kept covred and you're strictly interested in performance, then go for it, but they just don't have the correct 'look'. Like I said, just one ol fart's opinion. ;)

6. Not just yes but Hell yes.