Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any thoughts/opinions on a B&M Mega Blower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travj31, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Found a good deal on a 355 SBC with one of these blowers... Don't know much about them other than I'm not crazy about the looks of it. Are they similar to like a Weiand 6-71? Is it too "street roddy"?

2. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

I'd go "old school" with a Weiand 6-71 setup...

3. Looks alone... I couldn't agree more with you, but this seems like a great deal for the set-up. Any ideas on performance out of these B&M's or any common issues?

4. I had 1 when they originally came out back around 1990. There basically a 6-71 only there own design. It worked good. The only problem I ever had was a peice of the teflon striping broke off and got down thru the motor and up into the oil pump and locked it up. Luckily I caught it in time before wrecking the motor. The blower is still on the truck to this day. Actually if you look in my albums there is a pic of it on my 70 Chevy truck that I had when I was 19! Me myself now would prefer the old roots look instead of the "street-roddish" look.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Just my personal opinion, but Yes. If it's kept covred and you're strictly interested in performance, then go for it, but they just don't have the correct 'look'. Like I said, just one ol fart's opinion. ;)

6. Not just yes but Hell yes.