Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Any SCRANTON PA area HAMBers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by King ford, Jul 6, 2019.

1. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

greetings again fellow HAMBers!...are there any experienced builders in the Scranton area willing to lend a little guidance to a newcomer?...Email Ed on here posted about some suspension work he is doing and may benefit from someone local to him helping him out a little.....

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  2. paintman27

paintman27
    from new jersey

Not sure what you consider Scranton area, but there is Phoenix Hot Rods in Hacketstown NJ about 2 hours South of you.

3. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

I appreciate the reply paintman!...actually I am n south jersey,I was inquiring because there is a fellow on here from that area who started a thread called " my rear ended is too big" and is doing some chassis work with no experience and no guidance but seems like guidance would be a good thing!....he is in the Scranton area....

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He will need a good welder and fabricator, to remove some bad work, and re-do it properly.

He jumped into a big job, with too little experience, too little research, and the wrong tools.

Someone out that way needs to help him on his way.

5. Country Joe

Country Joe

I'm in Wilkes Barre(30 minutes out) but, I have very limited experience in the type fabrication he needs. As Clint Eastwood/Harry Callahan once said, "A man's got to know his limitations"

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There has to be someone out there....

7. spanners

spanners

I think the problem is that they can see a couple of months of weekends tied up in this one.