Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any rod shops in Tampa Fl. Area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by visor, Apr 20, 2005.

1. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

My son is considering moving to the Tampa area and
    would like to check out some rod shops for employment.
    If you guys down there know of any.... please lets us know.
    TIA,
    Mike

2. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

There are one or two around but they are'nt that great. Does you son have a specialty? Or a preference as to what type or years he works on?

3. dv8

dv8

4. [size=+2]I asked the same thing before I went to spring training in March. There wasn't any kool shops, but dv8 has a kool garage. It's kinda out in the middle of swamp nowhere, and then you're there. It's all hobby, but neat to look at and bullshit around.

Reverend Jake
    [/size]

5. dv8

dv8

...And play "guess what's in your mouth"!

6. [size=+2]I can't help it if you have "Noodles" in YOUR mouth!!!

Now look atcha I was playing nicey nice, and YOU are acting just like you have a CURIOUS RASH in your pants!!!

Gotta love me,
    Reverend Jake
    [/size]

7. dv8

dv8

Been there/done that.

8. Jon's frisky tonight!

9. [size=+2]I'd say!!!

Shit what the hell are ALL of us doing on the HAMB on a Satuday Nite??? I thought I was the only lame ass avid weekender!

Reverend Jake
    [/size]

10. um... it's only Friday, I'm doing homework

11. [size=+2]DOH!!! Duh! I'm Drunk.

Yeah, like the HAMB has ANYTHING to do with homework!!!

Reverend Jake
    [/size]

12. dv8

dv8

Mike, I don't think Oklahoma recognizes daylight savings time...so over a period of time, they gain a day on the rest of us. So in all actuallity, it IS saturday night in Tulsa.

13. rockabillyjoe

rockabillyjoe
    from Seattle

There used to be a great shop in St Pete called Teddies Hotrods. They did alot of work for me over the years. Now they are known as Teddies hotbikes. They build really high end and radical motorcycles. There bike Zoso was the 2004 Grand national Roadster show most beautiful bike. They are a couple of super nice guys. Ted sr and jr. Also a so so shop called Ronnie Setzers. On Dale Mabry.

14. dv8

dv8

Yeah...if you want an ego-maniac to host a cruise night where you have to pay to park, look at a gay-ass PT Cruiser with every chromed plastic piece of crap in exsistence on it, witness a disturbing amount of "kiddie hula-hoop contests", and watch a guy with a pretty scetchy arrest record take credit for paintjobs that his employees did...allegedly.

15. Ted Kimer, nice guy, great artist! some of you may like some of is other work too:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.teddiesinc.com/teddygirls/homepage.html

and his shop: http://www.teddiesinc.com/

I used to work at a print shop where we printed up his promotional materials.

I think there are a few shops just North of Tampa, in Spring Hill. Glenn, AHotRod would know better. Lotsa retired Detroit people up there with their toys.

16. james

james

Did teddies' hot rods start doing better qulity work? I had a freind in the mid late 80's that had them suicide the doors on his bug, and they made hinges by basically bending 1/2 rod and slipping it into a peice of tubing for the hinge. Looked like something you'd see on a gate. REALLY cheesey, and I think it was about $900 or so at the time.

17. rockabillyjoe

rockabillyjoe
    from Seattle

The hinges that Teddie used to fabricate were actually a very good design. He did them in a time when no one on the east coast was even thinking of suiciding the doors on there beetles. Yes they used a threaded rod in the design. They had an almost infinate amount of adjustibility. As far as the quality of there work. It has always been second to none. They did alot of work on cars for me. Including some very extreme work on beetles. They also did a good friends split window beetle 10 years ago and the car is still amazing. and driven every day.

And yes Ronnie Setzer is a complete tool. He did put out some pretty nice cars though. " His shop did anyway."

18. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

No No No!!!! whatever you do don't go to Ron Setzers! That guy is the biggest crook in this area.

19. How old is he and what does he specialize in?

20. long island vic

long island vic

time machines in port richiy maybe its hudson.. real class and ultra nice rides

21. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

22. AHotRod

AHotRod

YUP! ......and I have brakfast on Saturday's with 3 of the guys that work there. Great Guys and excellant work !