Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any pics of 41-48 Ford coupes getting chopped??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Jun 11, 2010.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

Gettin ready to cut mine soon and was wondering if anybody has any in progress pics of chops being done?

Thanks!

2. chrisman

chrisman

I got an old Street Rodder magazine with an article I can scan if you want to. They are chopping a club coupe, just like yours.

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

That would be great Chrisman ! Everyone seems to be done differently, and I would like to see as many examples as I can before I mark the cut lines out :D

4. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Tony Dowers, (Flash) from the Alter Boys CC and Magneto Magazine did one a few years back and they covered some of it in an issue of Magneto. I'll try to find it and scan that for you too. You could contact him through his site at :

www.mag-neto.com

Tony is a super guy too. Wish he still did the mag as it was awesome!! Good luck Man!!

5. chrisman

chrisman

Here they are, from the may '90 issue of Street Rodder Magazine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kustomline54 likes this.
  6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow awesome Chrisman :D Thank you very much some great pics for me to study before I start cuttin!

7. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks for the link Shoebox ! It must be new, I dont remember seein it last time I trolled through Riksters awesome site Thanks !

9. rtfink

rtfink

Here are some pics of Dick Dean chopping the top on my '47 Mercury, not exactly a Ford, but basically the same lines.

Attached Files:

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Rtfink ! Pretty cool to have a Dick Dean chopped car, when was it done?

11. inlinr6

inlinr6

Hey Koolkemp, I have a chopped 48,but got it that way.It was in a ditch when I got it,and in the process of making it mine spent a year fixxing all the poor work done on it.I found a book called Project street rod. by Larry Lyles,published by bowtie press.really kind of street roddy gaudy car ,but it focused on a 46 ford coupe,chopped the to ,suicided the doors,chassis to paint,it has good info ,but it is a hard book to find.If not I'm done with the book,I'd trade it for some garage art from your area.

12. rtfink

rtfink

I got the car about three years ago, out of California and it was done in 2000. It is pretty cool, but unfortunately, here in Missouri, there is not many people who appreciate the real Kustoms. I do, and I have a balst driving it and talking about it. I love the all of the old history, and this was about as close as I could get to owning a piece.

13. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its kinda like here...a chopped car is pretty rare let alone a traditionally done kustom , but thankfully I know of a few going together now, mine included ! Do you have any bigger pics of your merc ? If so please feel free to add them to this thread , cant see too much of a car that nice!

14. Cool thread !!! Showing some great work on a gorgeous sled !!!! You dont see this very often these day's . Check it out, the car even has the stainless around the windshield and windows AFTER it's been chopped.

15. rtfink

rtfink

Here are a couple more. I added a couple taken at Kurt McCormicks house. I did not even know that he lived very close to me until I got this car. Now we are very good friends. We cruise together all the time. He is a wealth of knowledge and a really cool guy, and he has some great cars.

P.S. I am sorry, but I do not know how to make the pictures bigger. I am still new to the posting game.

Attached Files:

16. HOLYSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now those are some unreal pictures! I would lose it if I got to see all them historical customs in person and ..... park my car next to them and take some pic's.

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

You lucky bastard :D !! Pics are awesome , the Ogden Buick that Kurt has is one of the most beautiful early customs ever ! Keep an eye out for my build thread , the chop will start in a couple of weeks .

18. rtfink

rtfink

Here are a couple of more you may enjoy. I am including one of the Ogden Buick in front of my shop and one of the Westergard Caddy in front of my shop as well.

Attached Files:

19. TRUK50

TRUK50

RTFINK, I want you to know that this is my first post ever on H.A.M.B., thanks for the kind words. I'm always happy to park my stuff next to yours. Also want to remind you that i rent out trunk space in the caddy by the month.
    TRUK50

20. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

friend just done this 41 mercury still has aways to go though wish I had it back

Attached Files:

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

May I then have the honour of saying welcome to the HAMB Kurt !! You even posted on my thread how cool is that :D:D:D . The cars you have preserved and or brought back to life are incredible and the custom car hobby is all the better for your efforts, welcome aboard !

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Were you lucky enough to get to drive in or even drive one of those beauties :D

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks any idea what the dimensions are on the chop?

24. flash

flash

Hey I DO still put out Mag-neto. I just can't stick to any regular schedule. I apologize for that, and thanks for the shout-out. Anyways, I would not hold up my '48 as any great example of how to do a chop!

-flash

25. Dammit

Dammit
    from Canada

Hey, Koolkemp, when's the cut ? Maybe I could get away long enough to bring you some parts and help with the chop ? Enjoyed the trip to your place with GizmoJoe, your car is looking great.

26. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

I am thinkin 4 front and 6 rear

27. koolkemp

koolkemp

I am thinking in the next couple of weeks, my brothers coming from Ottawa and wants to see it and video it for me. I will start to lay out the cuts this week ...the more the merrier :D If ya want I will let you know when I get a firm date.

28. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

looking forward to this -post up your progress

29. Subscribed........ I want to see the progress too.

30. banditomerc

banditomerc

a little late to the party?here is mine going thru surgery.

Attached Files: