Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any pics of 40 ford coupe package trays??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hopped up, Oct 18, 2009.

1. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

The 40 will soon be headded out to the upholstery shop, and i want them to recreate the package tray in the back. The problem is that we have no idea on how it looks? Any help out there is greatly apreaciated. Thanks...

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Here's my 40 Ford DeLuxe coupe. The interior is the entire kit I bought from Lebaron Bonney and installed myself in 1988. The original material covering the package tray when I bought the car in 1963 was the same material as the headliner. But LeBaron Bonney sent me a brown "pebble grain" vinyl covering which I used instead. Notice there is a 1/4 in. welting using the same material as the headliner - running all along the curved edge of the package tray. It is tacked to the edge of the covered package tray. The package tray is plywood.Tray is held in place using stainless oval head machine screws with finishing washers. The package tray goes in after headliner is installed. Also, the stock 40 bench seat has coil springs that are individually covered by a burlap "pouch" bag. Each coil spring has its own pouch. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  3. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Thank you, 19fordy.