Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any old guys remember this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Jul 29, 2011.

1. seatex

seatex

Shit, Jerry, gas ain't even $3.39 anymore, and smokes are more than 4 bucks, but keep the air out of your bags, and you can still drag coming in the driveway!............. The more things change, the more they stay the same:confused::(:mad::eek:

2. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

great stories everyone; thanks for sharing! :)

3. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Here's a vintage film of Dion that's more on the swanky side, vintage stewardess and all. :)

4. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

5. You guys had radios? 63' was my first summer cruising in my 41' Ford ragtop ( see photo album ) and all I had to listen to was the Merc flattie blowing through twin Hollywoods. Did hear Dion on WOWO Ft. Wayne, Ind. Still got the car. Still no radio.

6. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

My 41' Ford business cpe. came with a radio, but I liked to listen to the pipes too, but it was 'rock around the clock and 'sha'boom' in them days.
    [ the 41' was a big leap from my Model A]

7. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

sure, I remember it. I even remember his last name was Demuchi or something close to that. I had a 1956 Plymouth with a 354 hemi. A buddy had a 50 Ford rag top. Draggin' the gut listening to music, and trying to pick up chicks.

8. fleetside66

fleetside66

I remember it quite well, but can't be sure if that was playing when my buddy rear ended his shoebox into a '57 Buick because we were gawking at two chicks walking down the street. The shoebox got the worst of it. I wonder if one of them was named Ruby?

9. sun down

sun down
    from tx

remember it well, just out of the Navy
    driving a 55 chevy convertible

10. 4t7flat

4t7flat

My 47 is named " Hot Ruby" after that song. There was no radio in my Banger back then,too much ignition interference,from the solid wires. Three of my 4 cars still don't have radio's in them,only the 47 has one(previous owner installed it).

11. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Going to answer this based on the thread title only, Yes. I'll go along with OLD, because High School kids call me old :eek:. But I'm only 49 :mad:

12. Oh ya.........I had a '47 Ford Tudoor. I kept a 12 volt battery on the rear floor wired to my radio with a reverberator........car ran six volt system pos. ground.

13. mickeyc

mickeyc

Hell yea! Doin a slow grind to that tune on an old juke at the Tall Oaks Bar deep in the bayou country of South Louisiana. My best pajo had a 51
    four door and I had a 55 Ford two door. The local neighborhood honies would hang there and drink 25cent Dixies cooled in a tub of ice. The joint had no working A.C. just an old asthmatic window unit and lots of fans.
    After a little drinking and dancing it was easy to gather up a few to go outside and chill under the magnificent giant oaks and maybe a nice cruise out to lake Pontchartrain. Yea man that tune and lot of others like it bring some good remembers for this old boy!

14. Cerberus

Cerberus

I remember that song clearly. Pre-puberty days at the roller rink. Maybe Freshman year at the sock hop.