Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Any love here for a '29 Dodge Roadster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike51Merc, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I got a lead on a '29 Dodge Roadster, now debating whether to get into a new project. We all hate the "what's it worth" threads, but what would you pay for something like this? I'm going next week to check it out. It's basically what-you-see-is what-you get kind of thing. Looks rust-free and straight, but it ain't a Ford. DSCN2392.JPG

Wurger and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Pete

Pete

Wow, very cool Roadster.... def worth looking at.

3. HiHelix

HiHelix

Oh Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is splendorific because its not as common as most hot rods... you put a Desoto hemi in that thing and it would be sweeter than any female posterior known to mankind...Im not curator by any means but I think that thing is work 6-7k on a generous day... the more expierenced fellows should chime in here since I am more of drag race guy than anything but sure as heck appreciate stuff I dont see everyday!

Doctorterry likes this.
  4. Who knows what it's worth. That is always the big ??? I would see what they want for it and if you can both agree to a price you don't mind paying then it's a good deal. A model ford roadster in that shape will be in the 5-12 thousand range and a 32 would be 20-45 and a 33-34 would be around the same. We all want the 4000 dollar roadster but that doesn't happen very offen. Will it ever be worth a ford roadster? I would pay around 3-5000. I think it would be a bitchin car and differnt than the everyday ford roadster. Go get that car and have fun with it.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. HiHelix

HiHelix

I am a nut job from Detroit and I approve this message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paintslinger805 likes this.
  6. You may think I am crazy, but that car is probably worth about $12,000.00.

HiHelix likes this.
  7. I'm with Dodger- simply out... Dodge Roadster = rare.

Wurger likes this.
  8. Pete

Pete

I agree, a pretty rare roadster.

9. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Very neat! This is close, and looks pretty good! 1929 Chrysler Model 65 roadster - black - fvl 1.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Not too many Mopars,if the deal is good go for it.

11. trollst

trollst
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dodges are the best, frames are built like truck frames, bodies are all steel, they're extremely well engineered, more room than a ford, whats not to like? Roadsters are not common, that car will be pricey.

RMR&C likes this.