Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any issues ordering from Mac's Auto Parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZZ Top Chop, Sep 2, 2021.

1. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

I ordered a part back in July and still have not received it. I did get an approx. delivery date of Sept. 17th, but wtheck? Anyone else have any issues lately? I guess everyone maybe having issues do to the pandemic?

2. Back order is the order of the day.
    Pandemic may be the reason, but for sure is the typical excuse used why.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  3. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Not until Eckler took over ....

4. SPEC

SPEC

The quality of parts has went way down since Eckler bought it!

safetythird and manyolcars like this.

5. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

Common theme at all Eckler's shops. Web shows in stock but I guess that means in stock at some supplier. Look at the shipping label when you get it. The shipper won't be Eckler's. They just drop ship it to the buyer.

manyolcars, Tman and Johnny Gee like this.
  6. samurai mike

samurai mike

i waited almost a year to get a top kit for my model t

7. Still waiting for a trim piece from last year, forgot about it until this thread appeared.
    Going to cancel it. I'm sure that will take another year.

8. Waited 6 months on rebuild parts for a F 1 steering box.They did send it.

9. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

No order problems recently but quality isn't good...:(

Joe

10. Had a similar conversation with customer service at Speedway.

11. Can you get the same parts from Joes Antiques

12. New catalogs came out a lot of parts aren’t even listed anymore

13. dwollam

dwollam

Always! I gave up. Never again.

Dave

manyolcars likes this.
  14. cornfield county

cornfield county
    from Indiana

No problems with in stock items, but anything back-ordered is a black hole....

15. Macs (Ecklers) is suffering from the same supply chain issues as a lot of other companies. I have gotten timely refunds from them on several items over the last 3-4 years because they were back-ordered. Never a hassle for the refunds. I did notice as mentioned that my latest catalog has a lot of items removed. They are not my first go-to anymore.

16. Supply and demand.
    Sounds like a business opportunity.

17. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

In the past I have ordered from Eckler owned companies, after having fitment issues with some of the parts and lack of quality with most of them I have sworn them off. Now when any of their catalog’s arrive in the mail I immediately circular file them.

manyolcars and low down A like this.
  18. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I guess for one trick pony, why is drop shipping an issue? I ordered a Holley mid-mount system from Summit. If Summit had Holley ship it to me, why would I care? If it has to go from Holley to Summit and then to me, that just takes longer and costs more in shipping.

Truck64 and alanp561 like this.
  19. fuzzface

fuzzface

Isn't just mac's and it isn't just the automotive field. Quite a few different industries are having supply issues.

Last I heard there was 44 cargo ships waiting to come to port in Ca. just sitting out there. Yep, more cargo ships waiting now then when the canal was blocked a few months ago. The price to ship a container has really gone up too.

Some car parts I am getting right away but others I have been waiting months for. Just hit and miss. Problem is it seems the parts I really need now to keep things going are the back ordered stuff and the cars I have time to wait for things, those show up. Most items show up usually in a 2 or 3 month window. My longest wait was 8 months.

Friend was quoted a 90 day back order on body panels but that is for an off topic 2021 model year and I was surprised they actually gave him that time line, didn't think they were available at all yet. Another friend needed a radiator for an off topic vehicle and we couldn't believe the quotes on how much but they also gave a window so far out and no guarantee it would show up by then so we kept looking and found a place that still recores them and had it back in less than a week and a third of the price. He was happy to save a few thousands.

Just never know when things will show up.

alanp561 likes this.
  20. Poster on a Model A site yesterday said he ordered new tires for his restored A. They were $50 cheaper a piece and were delivered from MACS like nothing ever happened. He was happy and had no problems. They must have been overstocked. I wonder what the date stamp says as he didn't say?

21. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Ecklers has always sucked

manyolcars likes this.
  22. ahshoe

ahshoe

Mac's used to be a great parts business. Just a phone call to them back in the day you felt good spending your money with them. Along comes Eklers buys them out and now they both are my last choice on parts and their shipping rates are crazy.I use Dennis Carpenter as my first choice but even their products that they themselves don't make, for the most part, are overseas and the quality is terrible lately.

manyolcars, ZZ Top Chop and jimmy six like this.
  23. carguy699

carguy699

although it has been several years,i had 0 problems with ecklers other than high shipping charges. parts quality was always good or better and arrival time was great. with that said,i am sure that pandemic has raised hell with all on line/mail order so cut them a bit of slack. it is everybody,not just them!! jim

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For me the old Mac's online catalog used to be real easy to navigate and since Ecklers took it over it has become a pain in the butt to navigate.
    I'd have to agree on the whole supply chain thing .
    Each yellow dot out on the water in front of Long Beach and Huntington Beach is a container ship at anchor waiting to unload along with all the ships that you see at the docks. 3-9-2021_15506_www.vesselfinder.com.jpeg This is right now at 3:53 Pm 9/3/21 as I type this.

Squablow and jimmy six like this.
  25. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

It's ironic, the part I ordered (Galaxie Side Mirror for my Merc). I found in an antique store shelf couple of days ago in decent condition, I should have just cancelled my order. 20210831_104643.jpg

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  26. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

That's insane, but puts things into perspective. My order is probably sitting somewhere on that map.

27. I checked back with the original poster on the aforementioned site and he told me the date codes were January of this year and they were shipped directly from Coker. Apparently their drop shipped stuff will be OK but what they stock is a crap shoot.

28. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

Update: I still haven't received my order as of today. When you call, it's an automatic busy signal. Emails go unanswered. Super pissed.

29. s.e.charles

s.e.charles

5window and dirt t like this.
  30. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

where you able to get ahold of them?