Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any interest in '63 Cad 390" engines?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PackardV8, Nov 4, 2014.

1. PackardV8

PackardV8

I just saved a couple of complete '63 Cad 390" engines from going to China; told my machinist some HAMBer might want one for a rod/custom build. He's doubtful, but ready to build one to your specs. If interested, PM me, if not, they're on their way outta here.

For the 1963 model year Cadillac updated their V8 engine, modernizing the tooling used in the production line while optimizing the engine's design. Although it shared the same layout and architecture with the 1949-vintage engine, the revised engine had shorter connecting rods and was 1" lower, 4" narrower, and 1.25" shorter. The accessories (water pump, power steering pump, distributor) mounted on a die-cast aluminum housing at the front of the engine for improved accessibility. An alternator replaced the former generator. The crankshaft was cored out to make it both lighter and stronger. The revised engine was 52# lighter than its predecessor, for a total dry weight of 595#.

jack vines

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Got one.......fits in my Studebaker real good too! :D

Ray

3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Jack. How are you doing? I don't really need a 390 Cad. But somebody should. RF

4. Damn man. China like scrap it ?? No Clist heathens to sell it/them to ???

5. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Take pictures and post them on ebay, Facebook, or any place else you can think of. I'm sure nobody wants to see them get melted down too make harbor freight tools! :eek:

Fender1325 likes this.
  6. roughneck424

roughneck424

There is a 63 64 Cadillac website club may advertise there. A Google should find it

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Yes, I do....but the shipping $, unless you want to come down here for a vacation

8. txturbo

txturbo

I'm a member there. There is always someone needing a good buildable block.

9. 73RR

73RR

These type of posts always catch my attention, who doesn't have room to store a couple more engines? Ok, if you live in an apartment complex... But the footprint is not large and some creative fab could stack them two high in the corner of the shop.