Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Any info on Great Falls MT Swap Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Apr 9, 2019.

1. dwollam

dwollam

I will be passing through Great Falls Montana about the time of the Swap Meet there April 26-27. Anyone have any info/feedback on that swap meet? How big? Worth going? I'll be pulling a car trailer and spending time with my daughter south of Missoula. How is that MT-200 hwy from there to Great Falls? Better to go to Helena and then north? Thanks in advance for any info.

Dave

2. When I go to GF I head north out of Missoula and go to up that way. It's a lot faster then Helena and up. And this time of year you should be fine road condition wise but keep an eye on the weather just in case. Rogers pass isn't that large, but it is steep, curvey and only 1 lane each way...which makes winter travel hard.

I have never been to the swap meet but have heard it is small. If it wasn't 6 hours away I would like to try it. Let us know what you think, if you go

dwollam likes this.
  3. I have a space there every year. It's not huge, maybe 75 vendors? Swap is indoors w/cars outside.
    Friday is the best day for selling or buying.

dwollam likes this.
  4. dwollam

dwollam

Thanks Chris and RMR&C. Tells me what I need to know. Sounds pretty small so I will take the advice and stop by there on that Friday.

Dave

5. Stop by and say hi, space F25.

Scott

dwollam likes this.
  6. dwollam

dwollam

Will do Scott.
    I'll be the old gray haired guy!!

Dave

7. dwollam

dwollam

It was nice to meet you Scott. Thanks again for the info.

Not a very big swapmeet but the vendors did have a nice assortment of goodies for sale. I picked up a handfull of items. As usual, not the things I was specically looking for but things I can definitely use!

Scott says it was down in size a litttle this year as the old guys are passing away. Seems we are all getting closer to that point than we would like huh?

Dave

RMR&C likes this.
  8. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My brother and I drove the 3 hrs down to Great Falls yesterday. It wasn't quite as good as last year, which we attended also. Lots of empty vendor spaces and not quite as many cars and stuff outside in the parking lot either. I talked to a friend there, and he said Friday traffic was awful and folks were saying the gun show across the parking lot had reduced traffic also. I thought your economy was booming!? Regardless, we will probably make the trip again, as its a really good social occasion. We also drive the 12 hours to Portland the past few years, and will definitely continue to go there as well. Its sad these swap meets are declining a bit, but its still something I very much look forward to. Beats sitting in a lawn chair at a "show".

dwollam and RMR&C like this.
  9. Dave, good to meet you as well!
    Yup, less vendors than normal and cold as hell. Still, I sold a bunch of small stuff and found some parts I needed. Little better than break even, parts wise.
    And got out of the house for a couple days....win/win.

dwollam likes this.
  10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

11. dwollam

dwollam

My total trip was 2000 miles. Great Falls is right at 1600 round trip from my house so unless I am in Missoula or somewhere else near GF I probably won't go back, although I would for sure if it was closer!

Dave