Register now to get rid of these ads!

any ideas on what driveshaft could work?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfcockedcustoms, Aug 16, 2009.

1. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

Well I'm gettin ready to fallow the advise of many and put a t5 in my 64 truck.I got most of the parts to get it done,,but i am wondering if anyone has an idea on what driveshaft I could use to replace the stock 2 piece one with..I know I could just shorten the one that is there,but I would like to go one piece,,,I was thinkin that maybe a 90s fullsize truck should almost be a bolt in,,but not for sure,,Specs on the truck are 64 1/2 ton 250/3peed on the tree(changin to 5speed),longbed,,any help would be great,,the less down time this swap involves the better,,thanks

2. Grab the driveshaft when you pull the T5, with that and your stock shaft the local shop can make a new one.

3. 61falcon

61falcon

x2 tman, get new shaft made. all you need is the slip yoke and measure for length.

4. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

trans came by its self

5. Then I just have the driveline shop get me the right yoke if I do not have one. Ask them how THEY would measure it and have them build the shaft.

6. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

I know I could get one built,,but am wondering if there is a bolt in one,,,isnt the junkyard hunt 90% of the fun?

7. Too many variables most of the time for something like that to work from person to person. There have been some good threads on home-shortening you own.

8. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

has anyone done this swap,,,any hints?

9. junior51

junior51

I did a 63 shortbed w/bb/th400, i used a 70 blazer 4x4 slip yoke &had 3 inch, added, maybe a atemodel suburban?

10. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

thats the kinda info I was lookin for,,,thanks

11. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

back up from page 15,,still lookin for some ideas,help a broke guy out:D