Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Ideas if Willys Jeep speed equipment is available.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODDICKIE, Nov 18, 2005.

1. HOTRODDICKIE

HOTRODDICKIE

I am building an early style Speedster around 41 Willys running gear, same go-devil engine as a jeep.
    Does anyone do or have any speed equipment? I know they made Ali heads and dual manifolds after the war for surplus Jeeps.
    Cheers
    Rich

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'd say hit up some of the 4x4 sites that deal with Jeeps and Willys....

Sorry I'm not more help...:rolleyes:

3. How about this one in a stock-ish '41 Willys coupe....

[​IMG]

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

A manifold and finned head were once available, and I think there are some early fifties HRM and Car Craft jeep articles. Also, Korean war vuntage HRM's have lots of letters from GI's hopping up the motor pool in Japan, Korea, and Germany...
    The right cam grinder will try anything...
    Albert Drake documents a Willys-chassis Model A roadster he had in one of his books.
    Good luck finding this stuff!

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Small block Chevy stuff is all over.

6. this is taken from a 1952 Newhouse Speed Equipemnt catalog...high compression head and dual intake. you could also just mill your head

same catalog also has Mallory distributors and Jahns pistons for the jeep engine.

i'm not sure what is being made now , but the stuff was made once....ebay and swap meets may be in your future

7. oldtin

oldtin

8. dixiedog

dixiedog

Man - now talk about your unusual hotrod engines. I know of an old welder with one it that has been sitting on this guys prop for years and thought about if for a modified.

Anyway, check with G503.com and a guy on here with the same name, that is a military vehicle site and they have a lot of info on the devils.

BTW - I put a 225 Dauntless V6 in my 46 2A, enough torque to shred a Dana 44

9. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Contact my uncle Russell Anderson or my cousin Brad Anderson at www.vintagejeepparts.com . If they don't have it, they can get. They're outside of Houston, TX and are gurus when it comes to vintage Jeeps. Tell em Jeremy sent ya.

10. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Holy cow--just tripped over something interesting!
    I looked into a 1948 Ansen catalog I happened to find concealed under my desk, hoping to find the finned aluminum head pictured--what I found, I will quote in its entirety:

"Willys, Rockerarm Overhead
    For '33 thru '47 Willys and Jeeps
    Head, Cam, Cover & Manifold
    $175"
    No more words, no picture. What Wazzit?? Too early, certainly not the factory F head. Damn. The order form is missing, or I'd buy one just to find out...