Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any hot rod shops/junk yards around Lincoln, Nebraska worth a dern?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sammyg, Apr 25, 2010.

1. sammyg

sammyg

My brother is moving to Lincoln, actually, I'm moving him, he's just becoming a resident of that area. I've never been up there. Are there any good junk yards worth checking out?

2. stan292

stan292

Sammy -

Not sure just what your "bag" is, but if its HAMB-style trad hot rod stuff, there's not much of anything around here. I was raised in Lincoln, and have lived there, or in the immediate area (20 miles South) most all my life (I'm 65 now).

If you are just looking for something hot rod related to do while here for a couple days, you best bet is going to be Bill Smith/Speedway Motors Museum. Its world class and packed with hot rod and gearhead related stuff.

You can check it out on the web. Believe me, its worth seeing.

There are a few junkyards further South - near the Kansas border, but they probably aren't worth the drive just to poke around.

One a friend told me about last fall is called John's Muscle Cars, but it's like 50 miles South. Supposed to have a ton of '60s/'70s stuff, but I've not gotten down there yet. Phone is 402-674-3147.

There's another place about 35 miles South of Lincoln that has some old tin but prices are outrageous and the stuff isn't anything special.

If you're looking for Jeep stuff (per your avatar) I'd say you're just out of luck.

Sorry -

3. metalfaber

metalfaber
    from Nebraska

Somewhat old post, but for anyone searching for this I figured I would add, in Bradshaw (near York) Nebraska is a small rod shop www.siebertcustom.com if you are looking for someone to help build one, or sometimes he sells cars or parts or helps buyers and sellers find each other for projects or finished builds. Call Perry, and tell them you are from the HAMB.

Brian

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Lincoln is the home of the cornhuskers. go see speedy Bill