Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any HAMBers on Maui???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadjohn, Jun 16, 2008.

1. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

My wife and I are preparing to leave on vacation to Maui this Friday and wanted to know if there are HAMB members on Maui. My wife's an avid diver and while she's out scuba diving (I don't dive) I'd like to meet up with some fellow hot rodders and see what they are building and talk about our favorite subject; hot rods! This will be our 5 trip to Maui in the past 9 years so we've done all the tourist stuff and seen the entire island so I'm just looking for something to do. We will be there from the 20th through the 27th.

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Ask around Kihaie (sp?) for Joe Koch (say "Cook")......he's a hot rodder, but I don't think he has a computer........originally from Somers Point, NJ.....

Brucie

3. THE ONE

THE ONE
    from PHOENIX AZ

Last year we had some time to kill so we were driving around and came across the Maui drag strip. There were some cool cars. I didnt get to see the races because of my flight. But it is something you might want to check out.

4. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

Thanks guys I appreciate the info and I'll check it out. I've been past the Maui dragstrip many times but never saw any activity. During one of our earlier trips to Maui I remember a car show being held at one of the local strip malls in Kihei but I didn't get a chance to stop and check it out. I'll grab the local paper and see if there is anything going on and I'll also look up Joe Koch and contact him.

5. send_it_all

send_it_all

Unless it's health related, you should take up diving with your wife. I'm sure she'd appreciate you taking interest in something she likes to do, and diving is like visiting another planet. It's pretty amazing. I'm a diver, and last year I went to kauai and got married to my girlfriend of 13 years. I didn't get a chance to scuba dive, but I did a little snorkeling. It 's incredible how much life is down there.

6. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

maui is one place o nearth worth forgetting about cars for a week. i did see a few guys hanging out with various older cars in a supermarket parking lot one nigth. also saw a guy hanging out in another parking lot in a 70s trans am with a tunnel ram. kept seeing a 50ish plymouth stocker cruising around too.

7. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

8. Lucky444

Lucky444

9. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

Thanks guys for all the input it is appreciated. To answer your question as to why I don't dive, I'd like to and I've done a shallow introductory dive with my wife but the reason I haven't got certified is the whole take your mask off underwater and put it back on and then clear it. I just can't get past that part, and besides we live in northern California and to get my certification card I'd have to do my cert dive in Monterey and frankly the water's too damn cold for me. It's the tropics or nothing!