Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any HAMBers going to the Frankenmuth, MI autofest?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Starliner, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

M20 to 10 to I-75 it is, same as last year. What about show entry details? Just show up early Saturday morning and try to sneak onto Main Street, or what?

2. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Hey 'Cheese I've got a 62 chevy II, that's far from being an old man car, so If they don't let ya in (I'm sure they will) We'll just leave black marks all over town! (oh... wait... I'll be doing that anyway!)

3. hatch

hatch
    from house

Friday nite is free. Get there early in the afternoon if you expect to get a place to park on the main drag. I think downtown gets blocked off around 5pm.(so all the cars can park there.) The sat and sun show costs around ten bucks for the weekend, but you can park downtown and walk in for a couple a bucks. The show has a sliding 25 year cutoff, so the camaro is ok...

If you haven't been for Fri nite, be sure to come. Usually ten or twelve bands set up on main, so every two blocks or so, there is a different group playing....blues, polka, rock...you name it. Also some great eats and of course the beer flows like wine!!!!

Big cheese...fat hack is right on the directions...west on M20, thru midland on business 10 toward bay city...then, south on i75 to the first frankenmuth exit. c ya there

4. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

So is Friday just sitting around looking at cars too? or can we actually cruise? I'll be there either way, but a rolling car show is WAY cooler than a parked one.

5. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I've got class until 12:50 on Friday, so my odds of going down there are slim. Besides, Premium's just a bit too pricey for me to make two trips to Frankenmuth in one weekend. I'll be there Saturday for sure, though!

6. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Well that sucks... I'll be at the races Saturday. Hope I don't miss all the HAMBers!

7. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

HEY!!!!

I wanna come!!

I could be there Sat. and sunday....

Is there camping avalible anywhere near by???

Where is the party???

Is there camping there????

I didn't read all the post, so if something was already posted.....sorry

8. hatch

hatch
    from house

Yes on camping...if there is space. There is a campground across from Franks Antique...or call the Fmuth chamber of commerce for some names....The party is definitely fri nite downtown

9. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

So when and where will any HAMBers be showing up? We need to hook uo and raise some hell!

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[ QUOTE ]

If you make it up Friday night look for the Torrid Torquers on Main St in front of the Oscar Rau's furniture store. Saturday and Sunday we will be on the little dirt row that runs down to the river. Stop by and I'll show ya my ragtop shoebox. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much sums it up beside the 12 NOON Saturday meet and greet time.

11. 12packo94s

12packo94s

i really should attend this but i think i'm gonna be my usual lazy slacker self and just wait for kalamazoo next weekend

12. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

But it still doesn't explain what time they start admitting cars on Saturday.

13. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

I thought that they blocked main street off on Fri. So how are we 'sposed to get to Rau's? (Sorry to sound Dumb, but I've never gone on Fri, well that and I am kinda dumb! [​IMG] )

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There will be cars parked in the show area starting on FRIDAY nite. Don't know exactly what time they start letting the cars in on Sat morning but it's early. To early to ever concern me. I'll be there around 10ish [​IMG]

As far as parking on Main St, if your not there when they start parking the cars at 5pm on Friday nite, you will not get a spot anywhere near Rau's till later on that nite when folks start to leave. To get a spot on Main Street at 5pm you need to be "staged" on one of the side streets or parking lots of one of the businesses. When they give the word to go ahead and park on Main, the spots are filled within a couple of minutes. If you have to work on Friday, like me, just park whereever when you get there and walk. No big deal, your going to want to walk anyway to check out everyones cars. I'll be arriving around 7:30-8pm on Friday

15. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Alright guys. Now yer getting me all confused. Do I want to go to the races Saturday (fastest street car shootout)? Do I want to go to Fmuth Saturday? I haven't been to the races at all this season, but Fmuth could be fun. I'll be there Friday and Sunday, but what do I do Saturday?!?

16. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i'll try my best to make it. Cherryblossom has to work and i have a late model lowerider truck to "fix". we'll see how it goes....

17. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

ok...so i'm gonna do my best to get there sometime before sunday, but we (the flint NIGHTMARES, myself, hotrodtohell and several others) will for sure be coming up on sunday for sure...is anyone from the hamb still gonna be there on sunday??? i know things start shutting down around 3ish, or atleast they did last year. but i hope to see you all there. chris

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I checked with some early bird arrival buds and they tell me if you are pre-registered your able to enter the show area at 7am [​IMG]. If not, you have to wait till 9am to register.

Since it seems there might be folks that want to meet on Sunday as well, we can also hold a meet and greet at 12 NOONish on Sunday, on the same little dirt road where the TT's are hanging if you guys want.

I'll be there on Sunday till they start the awards ceremony, then I head out while the gettins good.

19. jdubbya

jdubbya

See ya there, I think this may be the biggest one yet. I pre-registered about 2 weeks ago and I am car number 1228.

20. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Hey Jdubbya, Where do you have to go to pre reg?
    BTW did any of the old folks say anything when I took off outta Trapper Joes?
    Not that yer that young or anything! [​IMG]

21. jdubbya

jdubbya

The old dudes thought the Trapper Joe's launch was pretty cool, and I am sure the mayor was impressed. I pre-regd by mail, it had to be in by the end of August. You can register starting tomorrow at 9 am at the chrysler dealer near the grounds.

22. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Hey Hot Rods To Hell, Come to Indy on Saturday...make two gigs in one weekend! [​IMG]

23. Michigan Rick

Michigan Rick
    from Owosso Mi.

Sorry to miss the Muth....... Hope all you guys have fun. I would like to come and sell a wack of Hot Rod bicycles but I have to work and am going to see my Canadian F100 buddies the next weekend and they are coming here the weekend after so I'm saving my 2 weekends for north of the border brown pop consumption.

Anyone going to Cruise the Gut in Lansing on the 20th? July had 1500 cars for a cruise in!!!!

24. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Hey fat hack, if yer buyin gas I'll drive wherever the hell you wanna go! I can get 10 - 12 mpg if I drive like a girl... (about 7 the way I usually drive!)

25. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Alright guys... It's time! Anyone up for a final roll call?

26. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I'll be there Saturday at 9. Green-gold metallic '68 Camaro convertible with Cragars.

27. Donzie

Donzie

I'm leaving in a matter of minutes. [​IMG]

28. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

I'll be there Sat. morn......in the shop truck, probably not on main street