Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any HAMB members younger than 30?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cakes, Dec 3, 2010.

1. nickk

nickk

i just turned 20 about 2 weeks ago and for myself Im building a 1960 ford truck, I took the axles from a 60 f100, made my frame, shorten my steering column and drive shaft, made my motor mounts then put a nice 60 f350 body on the frame with the f100 bed, and added a 223 inline 6 and 4 speed with granny, this can be seen under my photos, and gathering the stuff to build a 1930 ford bobtail roadster, got all the body stuff, grill shell, inline 6, 39 banjo, just need some 2x4 tubing for a frame, and a front axle and pedals

2. 27 here... finished the t about a year ago and i just bought the A, waiting to get it home and add some personal touches to it

Attached Files:

3. H3O

H3O

20 here, be 21 in the end of june. here's my rides

1962 falcon before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

and my 62 F100 from my grandfather
    [​IMG]

4. Probably said it before, but this heap is just perfect. The bad thing is,,, it remains me, I want (need) a T!

Lars

5. 21tat

21tat

Keep up the good work, youngsters!

6. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I'm 14 and I have a 1980 Ford F-100 Shortbed. I bought it when I was 12 for $250! (no, I didn't forget any zeros) It was a non-running truck, we brought it home, poured some gas in it, some oil, rewired the solenoid, and put a bracket on the solenoid, and it fired right up. All for around $5, I got it to run! The guy I got it from, had it for a while, he bought all kinds of new parts to go on it to try and get it running. He put a new carb on it (it's a 300 inline 6 By the way) new plugs, plug wires, new reese hitch, new taillight lenses (looked em' up in one of my catalogs and it was $80 for the pair) It's also got a new 5 spd transmission (had a 3 on the tree) and it has a fairly new Sony cd/stereo with 4 speakers - 2 in the doors and 2 behind the seat. It also has a new seat cover for it too.

The bad...it doesn't have a tailgate, no headliner, the previous owner sprayed the entire cab and body with that Rhino bed liner, then painted it camo. and the speedometer and gas gauge does not work. I honestly only bought it because it was cheap and figured if I sold it, I could invest that money into something else. I've had people tell me that on a good day, I could get around $1500 for it, and at least $1250

With the money I hope to get from it, I would invest it into a Model A project. A 30-31 5 window hopefully on a deuce frame with a 32 radiator and a flathead with a 39' transmission.

I figured it would be the cheapest to build out of my other cars I would like....39-40 Fords, 55-56 Ford Fairlane, 54-56 Cadillac, 49-51 Shoebox Mercs/Fords, and although not Hamb related...but I would also want a 1969 Dodge Charger "General Lee" replica from the Dukes of Hazzard TV Series.

-Cody

7. JoJo O.

JoJo O.

I turn 30 tomorrow, so i'm still in the club for a few more hours! :-( I have a 1930 model A that i'm just getting started on. Don't have any pics on this computer though. Good to see some of the nice cars you guys have!

8. alex211

alex211
    from NW PA

I'm 15, I don't have any HAMB friendly rides but the next project I buy will be a 50s truck after I get my jeep done.

9. 1929Essex

1929Essex

i'm 23, did a few S10s but decided to build a real car...'29 essex i started last year (was a fourdoor)

Attached Files:

• i99.jpg
      i99.jpg
      File size:
      517.7 KB
      Views:
  10. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I'll be 23 the first of March.. I have a '28-'29 Model A Coupster that I finally started last year. I'm just about at the one year mark right now but don't have much done yet since I'm still in school.

This will be somewhat influenced by the 60's. Not totally era correct as there's some modifications that's been done to it that I haven't seen anyone else do. I highly doubt I'll be driving this for another year and a half to two. Lots of stuff going on. After I get more done, I'll start a build thread and finally contribute to the HAMB.

But.. Here's a picture.
    [​IMG]

11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Oh yeah. Duh. Forgot about the others.. My DD is an OT '68 Chevy P/U but the trans is going out.. So I drive my brother's Nissan. :D

Okay, back on topic.. After I finish the A, my main focus will shift to the '48 Chevy P/U project I have on hold.

12. Deuces

Deuces

I wish I was 30 again.... Damn, that was almost 21 years ago... :(

13. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

just made it @ 29, currently wrenching (very very slowly) on my 61 galaxie

14. Just turned 48 here. Had too many old cars to count, always working on one, and looking for the next...

15. just turned 29! Love the young bucks doing it harder n fresher than a lot of older folks!

16. kaiser53

kaiser53

im 22, i have a 53 kaiser, and a 72 skylark. in the works of lowering and bagging the kaiser, shaved the rear door handles, and plan on shaving most of the chrome

17. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Uh? 29.. You're still a young buck yourself! Plenty of mileage left! :D

18. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

23 here working on my 65 new yorker doin body and paint now.which is hard to do after coming home from doing it all day on others cars. had a few other old cars and will have many many more. worked for a couple of rod shops loved it but production work is more steady and pays better. so that is where ill stay

19. DAPER DAVE

DAPER DAVE
    from N/A

My names Dave I'm 25 I own a 56 Oldsmobile. [​IMG]This is my old car. I picked this one up when I was Discharged from the Navy. Got it for $2800 in Riverside. I'm getting the interior done on her and just got the ballancer pulley back. I want to make her into a traditional custom 50s style. I'm not into the rat rod thing but I know a lot of us young guys are. I plan on getting her painted, and shaved in the future.

20. I'm 23, but started getting into this heavy when I was 17 and drove my '59 Ford to high school. Also have a original '55 Gasser and '57 Chevy drag car, and I'm building a chopped '31 coupe and '56 Thunderbird. I recently restored the In-Bomber '57 Chevy with my father and keep his cars in tune as well. I've worked hard for everything I have and love the nostagia scene.
    -Dean

Attached Files:

21. HotRod28AR - nice collection you got there! I think I might be a tab bit jealous... haha

22. Dzuari

Dzuari
    from Muncie, IN

im 21 and this is about 30-40 years off the norm for the hamb but heres my 70' 340 wedge duster that is my daily driver for the summer(winter i bang head against wall till i lose consensus). hope to have be able to build my own rod as soon as i square some bills off and have the funds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  23. Yeah still under the mark but not by much...I'll be 29 on Sunday. I'm currently working on my first project, a '54 2 door Bel Air. Right now she fits into the rat rod bracket but I promise it will not stay that way for long! I plan on turning her into a full on traditional/mild custom. I am also going to rebuild and modify the 6 banger instead of dropping in a 350. There's just something that's so cool about the way a hopped up 6 looks under the hood! Anyways the first pic is my '54 and the other is Robert House's Fleetline...a source of inspiration for my build! Glad to see other young people interested in REAL cars and trucks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. DAPER DAVE

DAPER DAVE
    from N/A

Nice 54 Chevy, love those early 50s Chevy models.

25. rockabilly_kid

rockabilly_kid
    from Reno, NV

I'm 19, I drive a '63 Dodge Dart as my everyday driver. She's my project as well, but mechanically she's sound and will drive across country for me if I needed her too. Plan to paint her black, wide whites with red rims and spyder caps, some red pinstriping, lower it a little bit, upgrade the exhaust, and redo the interior in a deep blue with blue velvet seats.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have been working on my dream car since I was 16, a '57 Plymouth Belvedere. She needs a full restoration but she runs and drives under her own power!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Allan

26. SIX_94Y

SIX_94Y
    from Australia

I'm 25, got a 50 pontiac i bought in 2007 from crump tn and drove r66 to cali from there. then and now pic, 58 vauxhall 272 yblock 3spd toploader gasser, building a 60's show car inspired 28 Pontiac roadster. Been collecting and tinkering since i could drive. I do all my own work with a helping hand from a few mates, and have a rather decent parts and car inventory. Daily drive is a 62 falcon wagon and the missus drives a 62 falcon sedan. Probably a bit boarderline but have a pair of 64 pontiac grand prix's which i'm hoping to build a early nascar style car out of them. Oh and i should probably give a mention to my parents who have given up most of their property for my storage.... and just had to put a pic of my old hearse probably the best late model car i ever owned! 1972!

Attached Files:

• vaux.jpg
      vaux.jpg
      File size:
      220.6 KB
      Views:
    • desk.jpg
      desk.jpg
      File size:
      190.7 KB
      Views:
    • pont.jpg
      pont.jpg
      File size:
      401.9 KB
      Views:
    • her.jpg
      her.jpg
      File size:
      196.1 KB
      Views:
  27. cali707sf

cali707sf

28, I have a 49 chevy truck (havn't started the rebuild for it, cause I'm still in Afghanistan) and a 64 Impala SS (havn't finished it for the same reason)

49 Chevy Truck: Very nice mods, looking to extend the cab 5 inches and use a S10 ext cab frame, 56 chevy headlights, remove hood scoop, paint... not 100% yet (thinking a flat black with glossy midnight blue flames?) can't decide on tires (slicks and go drag style or 3" www tires and go classic look)

[​IMG]

64 Impala SS: Going for a Black intirrior with a 427/400 combo, air bagged (I was going for a black paint job but the paint shop made me an offer I couldn't refuse, price wais efor the candy apple red...)

[​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think :p

28. 35Harvester

35Harvester

Currently 26. Started building my 35 International when i was 20, had it on the road by 21 or so. Progress since has been slow due to work, family, and racing (mini-sprints), but i did tackle the 4" chop last year and am pleased with the more aggressive look that resulted. First pic is my truck, second pic is one of the cabs i chopped 5" and sold to a buddy.

Attached Files:

29. slick black cadillac

slick black cadillac
    from iowa

i am a new member i am 26 and have a 65 coupe deville with a 500 ci daily driver unless there is snow on the ground

Attached Files:

30. c.millar07

c.millar07

Im 25 Been collecting A parts since i was 19, I have a 29 model a Sedan project im collecting parts for, about ready to start the build. Slated for a 55 Super Red Ram Hemi tri carbs, T-5 speed, Going to be an ugly roadwarrior until i get to finish it out in pre 65 lakes fashion. In the back ground is my buddies 59 Chevy shortwide. Ls1, full bags, 4link camaro clip

[​IMG]