Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any experience with Summit Racing Steering Column Igntition Switch?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tlmartin84, Apr 15, 2014.

1. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

Fella's I am getting ready to pick one of these up with an Ididit Hi/Low beam signal kit.

I am debating an in dash key vs key on the column. The column key kind of makes sense mainly because it is only 10.00 more. much cheaper than a new in dash switch.

My main concern is the fact that I don't want to have a door key and ignition key on my 56. Does anyone know if the tumbler can be removed and replaced with a tumbler from the 56.

Their column is based on a chevy 64-94 chevy column (I believe). I wonder if there is any interchangability between the ford and chevy tumblers?

2. Tumbler will not interchange. With key on column you will have a big gob of a switch between the dash and floor. Almost impossible to hide. The tumble/ switch operates the column mounted switch down the column with a rod. I have this on my coupe and I know it's simple and easy but I don't like it. The column is based on a 70 to 90s set up. ford and Chevy tumblers will not interchange.

3. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

You have the summit column? I don't see a switch anywhere on there column. I assumed it was all contained at the switch?

4. alchemy

alchemy

How about you give a link to the part you are asking about? Then we can be sure to give you expert advice.

5. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

6. the benefit to column key is they lock

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"I've got one. Love it!"

[​IMG]