Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Any events that feature Model A Banger racing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by River City, Oct 15, 2019.

1. River City

River City

Hello all,
    I’m still new here and read the guidelines and I hope I’m posting this in the correct place, my apologies if not. I also searched the forum on the subject without much luck.

I’ve got a ‘31 Model A Coupe with the original banger 4. I had the pleasure of attending Vintage Torquefest here in Iowa and was taken by the Model A and T banger racing on the dirt oval track they have there. In a word it was amazing. It was kinda like a mini TROG but on a dirt oval. I’d love and plan on getting in on the fun with mine. Just curious if there are any other events in the Midwest that feature any kind of traditional A or T racing?

I’ve done a lot of googling but the term “banger racing” is tied to more of a demolition style of racing so not having any luck there. Figured it was worth asking here.

I’m hoping with the popularity of TROG there will be more events popping for this kind of thing. It’s incredible seeing these ol’ things racing door to door in person. But I could also understand the liability for the tracks or organizers with our mechanical brakes and 90 year old steering,suspension, etc.

Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance!

‘61 F-100 Unibody
    ‘31 Model A Coupe
    ‘66 Mustang Vert

2. brjnelson

brjnelson

You just missed the F A S T hill climb in Northwood Ia, Sept 7th

3. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Lot's of them. TROG for 1. Lot's of hill climbs around the country that only allow bangers. RPM Nationals has bangers and flathead V8's. Antique Nationals, look up Forever Fours Car Club.

4. brjnelson

brjnelson