Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Any current projects or owners of 1961 oldsmobile 88's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldrelics, Feb 25, 2014.

1. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

I've reviewed the search results over and over, are there any new current builds/current owners out there?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. 37GM

37GM

Yup, I`m working on a 88 Holiday hardtop with 13,600 on the clock and granny hit both sides of the garage getting this thing docked. I bought two driver`s side doors for it as the driver`s front had been skinned and stuck out like a sore thumb. What I`m really needing is a set of trim for a Dynamic 88 Holiday 4dr hdtp, (No Post), on both sides as mine are bent, not real junk, but would like some that are straight. Also need a passenger side vent window assembly as mine has some bad pitting, probably left the vent window open for quite some time, other than that it is a real beauty. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

GMan

3. el_bole

el_bole

I love the look of the 61'....shave the handles and lower it and you are set...

4. INTRUDER

INTRUDER
    from NW Indiana

Im building a mild custom 61 Dynamic 88 .

5. conormulroney

conormulroney

I still miss mine after selling it in 1984.

6. Olds Dad

Olds Dad

Future Owner...this is my father's & I've made it quite clear to him that it's my inheritance! 49,000 Mile original purchased from the widow of the original owner - untouched (not perfect) paint and upholstery - including the original convertible top. starfire on trailer 001 (Medium).jpg

loudbang likes this.
  7. scotts52

scotts52

I have a 61 Super 88 2 dr htp. Real rough but I sure like the looks of them. I hope to fix it and drive it someday as my cosmic cruiser.

Attached Files:

8. KQQLCAT

KQQLCAT
    from Hudson, WI

I am always doing something on mine.

Attached Files:

Goldsmobile likes this.
  9. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Finally! Just got back my client's 61 project from the upholstery shop, and will be working on it again, as soon as the snow and frigid weather let me move it from my house garage, back into the shop. 100_1259.JPG

10. Nope but I would like to own one, it would be a good excuse for me not to sell my 394. :D

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

can always put an ad for doors in Wanted Section here. chopolds - Cool project but, might want to rethink the white top of dash.

12. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Joker, you can't see it from this pic, but the top of the dash is painted Candy Gold, like the rest. The car came with a padded dash, so it had a lot of large holes, and a flat area where the white padding is. The upholstery guy made a padded piece to cover this area. It's only about 2 in wide, & goes across the whole top of the dash. I would have had him do it a bit thinner, but in person, it doesn't look all that bad.

13. Desireable ones 10.jpg
    Why not white JJ? Cause it's bright and makes it hard to see while driving in bright sunlight? ; )

I did the dash in my '62 Buick in pearl white tuck'n'roll and it can be hard on the eyes, but for the cool factor it was worth it! E