Register now to get rid of these ads!

any corvair help out there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DIRTYT, May 10, 2008.

1. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

im doing a clutch in my brother inlaws 63 corvair and the input shaft seal is leaking. no one list it, even all the specilty corvair places like corvair underground and clarks. its a small seal about 1" o.d. and 3/4" i.d.

any one have any suggestions? id like to put this thing back together today but i dont want it leaking on the clutch again.

2. can you see any number on it? can you get it out without damaging it? if you can a real auto parts store should be able to measure it and come up with something

what do you mean by input shaft....with an OD of 1" and ID of 3/4" ? Napa shows a transmission shift shaft seal...the one for a manual tranny is 1.003" OD and .5630 ID..... could that be it? part number NOS5606

3. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

national # is 43207-c says its not a current production #,but someone might have it....or at least be able to cross it..the napa #is good theres one in the dallas warehouse...

4. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

i saw that same seal on napa. thats at the back of the tranny where the shift rod goes in.

5. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

the 43207-c is that a cross to the shift shaft seal number or the input shaft

6. then you will need to accurately measure the shaft and the bore of the housing where it presses into....then go to real auto parts or bearing supply store and see if they can find something to match

7. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

national book says 60-64 saginaw input shaft (3speed) ....61-63 saginaw input shaft (4speed) 61 1st design output shaft..all use this seal

8. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

Thanks guys i pulled the number off the seal and napa crossed it and i got one in route for thursday

9. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

corvairs taking over the H.A.M.B?

10. Small, affordable,stylish,fuel efficient,fun to drive,pre-'65....
    LOOK OUT!!!!!:eek:;)

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Corvairs and Studebakers... the new white meat.

12. Budro35

Budro35

For retired old farts going fast.:D

13. Thers a cat at Ralphs Repair Service. Claims to be an expert on these damn things. Has the last name of Nuder---Neder--- Or Shit its Nader!! Ralph fucking Nader>>>>.

14. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Someone hurry up and buy mine before Barret Jackson starts raising the prices and the chainers all want one.

15. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Corvairs rule!

Mine drools.... oil. Lots and lots of oil...

Hey Bulletproof, you missed the second oiling of the RASH. The motivating parts of the van are now on the engine hoist in the shop...

16. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

damn .the fun stuff always happeneds when im under the weather