Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any car stuff to do in tuscola ILL. in august?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Piston Farmer, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Heres the deal i have to spend a week in tuscola aug 9-13, never been to ill. is there anything to do there in the middle of august besides sweat my balls off?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

3. im gunna miss that i have to fly back home the night of the 13th

4. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Swing over to Arthur,Ill and watch the Amish buggy races and drink PBR ? There is a Dragstrip not too far in Charleston,might have something going on middle of the week.

5. drtracr

drtracr
    from alabama

Call Lance Little, go to his shop and look at some of his custom tractors he builds for pulling and then go to a pull.

6. any good food places in tuscola?

7. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Lots of "blue haired lady" stuff around there . Rockholm Gardens and Amish resturants. Been years since I was dragged there. Good food can be found however.

8. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

if you have a rental car maybe head north to champaign , loads more eat'in places . if you like barbecue try hickory river in urbana or famous daves in champaign.

9. It would be worth staying a few extra days. Symco is the best place in the world for a hot rod show. See if you can get your flight changed so you can fly out of the Outagamie County Airport in Appleton, WI and we will make sure we get you over to your flight.

10. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Sweat your balls off staring at corn and bean fields like I do.

11. I see the export of the corn and bean fields all day long, I work at an export elevator that ships it over sea's. and before that i was a grain inspector so i have had my hands in a fair amount of grain. I havent booked anything yet so hopefully i can try and see symco if the timing works out.

12. Wont make it to symco. I'm flying in tomorrow (Sunday) and fly out on friday the 13th. Anyone got any updated stuff to do?