Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any body know anything about Auburn engine tags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Byron Crump, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

My Dad was given this many years ago and he tossed it into his tool box.

I stumbled across it the other day and he told me I could have it.

[​IMG]

It seems to be an Auburn 8 Cylinder Engine ID Tag that never had the numbers punched into it.

My Dad said it is legit and that he was told it came from the factory when it was shutting down, but who knows...maybe one of you out there has a clue about when this was made, if it is real, what kind of Auburn it went one, and so on.

Whatever the story is on it, I think it is cool.

If you go to my blog and click on the picture of it you can see a bigger more detailed scan of it.

2. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

It's from a 1926-1930 (approx) 8 cylinder Auburn. Auburn built 6s and 8s during those years. After 1930 a different engine tag was used. Cool item!

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

It may be a reproduction done many many years ago. Parts for fulll classics were often done by individuals and marketed amongst CCCA members only or individual marque clubs. Remember, the classics have been being restored for damn near as many years as the Model T...hahhahha