Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Body here with Traditional 1ton up trucks? Stand up and Be noticed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LarzBahrs, Dec 12, 2009.

1. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Lets See em guys!

2. 61TBird

61TBird

3. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Getting it in the next week or so if I dont see something else I like instead. Ive never really seen that many big trucks here on the hamb aside from those that have been turned into bobbers, thats why I made this thread.

4. 61TBird

61TBird

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Thanks 61! My mom wont mind if I store it at our house as long as I can get it in working order and get all the stuff dealt with. Im getting my license this month so I could register it under my name and all which would be less of a hassle on her.

6. The only pain I see in keeping it 1 ton vs making it a 1/2 ton, is reg fees. Ca charges you fees according to the weight, and can be quite expensive to reg.
    Unless you don't mind paying 3-400 (maybe more)each year to tag it.

when you go to get it reg'd, you have to have it weighed. If it has a flatbed, take it off. If it has dual rear wheels, take one off each side, if you can. Anything to save weight.

Actually I think 36 and earlier don't need to be weighed..it says it in the vehicle code. I showed that to the lady at DMV when I tagged my model A truck..She still made me get it weighed though.

7. NealinCA

NealinCA

Any 1936 and earlier truck is exempt from weight fees in CA. Most DMV workers do not know the law. I had to show this so when I registered my 32 pickup. They wanted me to have it weighed...but showing this got it exempted.

Weight Fee for Pre-1937 Year Model Vehicles

<!-- #EndEditable --><!-- #BeginEditable "section_number" -->9401<!-- #EndEditable -->. <!-- #BeginEditable "section_content" -->(a) Motor vehicles manufactured in or prior to 1936, are exempted from the payment of the weight fees provided for in Section 9400. <!-- #EndEditable -->
    <!-- #BeginEditable "addl_section_content" -->(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), any person who owns and operates a commercial vehicle manufactured in or prior to 1936 which is registered to such person, may pay the appropriate weight fees, and the department shall issue license plates of the same type as are issued to vehicles which are required to pay weight fees for such vehicles.
    <!-- #EndEditable -->
    <!-- #BeginEditable "section_change_history" -->Added Ch. 622, Stats. 1980. Effective January 1, 1981.

Good luck,

Neal<!-- #EndEditable -->
    <!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="sec_note_sec_1" --><!-- InstanceEndEditable -->
    <!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="sec_number2" --><!-- InstanceEndEditable -->